New Mash Paddle

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

HoppyMaltPoet

Reaction score
I found this wooden paddle in a restaraunt supply store near me. I decided to customize it. I still need to drill / route some holes in the actual paddle but here are some pictures of the engraved handle. I did this free-hand with a dremel engraving bit and router attachment, and a ruler for the straight lines. The curved letters were all free hand. While it is not perfect I still think it looks pretty good. And it adds a bit of personalization to the paddle.

IMG_4112.JPG

IMG_4114.JPG

very nice. do you know what type of wood it is? i just made a paddle out of wood that was left at the house when we bought it and I have no idea what it is. the color and grain look very similar to your paddle

very nice. do you know what type of wood it is? i just made a paddle out of wood that was left at the house when we bought it and I have no idea what it is. the color and grain look very similar to your paddle

Not sure. It is a Winco 36" paddle. I looked it up on their site but couldn't find any info on the type of wood.

So I finished up today. I drilled 7 3/4" holes in the paddle, and a 3/8" hole in the handle and threaded some leather lace through for hanging. I then sanded all the holes until smooth to the touch. I was debating on engraving a pair of beavers on each side of the engraved name, but the SWMBO felt that it was too much and that it looked good as it is.

IMG_41191.JPG

IMG_4120.JPG

IMG_4122.JPG

Back