Travel Woes

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

arturo7

Reaction score
Anyone else flying the not-always-so-friendly skies this week?

At present, I'm waiting at Sky Harbor in Pheonix for a flight that will take off about 2 hours late. Delayed out of Pheonix? How the snot does that happen? Especially considering the flight we're all waiting on is coming from Oakland.

Here's the kicker, I would have landed in St Louis about 20 minutes ago had I not missed my original connection. I forgot about the time change and kicked back with a coffee. Instead of showing up at the gate half an hour before, I arrived half an hour after take off. Words alone cannot express my self loathing at this point.

Instead of a nice Itallian dinner on the hill tonight, I'll be choking down some Steak n Shake or White Castle.

Always, always, always re-set your watch to the time of your flight's destination after take-off!

OK, we're boarding soon. Now we have the Southworst cattle call. Why can't these explatives just assign a seat like everyone else?

Aaahhhhh!

I'm getting hungry, the belly-bombers are starting to sound good...

My daughter had a flight out of Eugene on Monday. Five minutes before boarding, they canceled the flight. The incoming flight from Seattle was canceled 2 hours earlier but they were too busy to cancel the outgoing flight until after they checked everyone in. Crew fatigue was the reason. Alaska Air has been hit real hard with canceled flights. She did get a flight out today, which was iffy.

Some people have trouble getting out of the airport. Others can't get the 4x4 out of the garage. Even with chains!

Back