Grain Group Buy - Mid Hudson Valley, NY, CT Round#3

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

k47k

Reaction score
Mid Hudson ValleyY, CT Round#3

This buy is CLOSED

OK here is the deal:

1. Need 42 sacks for this delivery.
2. People will have to come and pick up their bags at the drop off location on a specific date and time after the order has been received (near Poughkeepsie, NY).
3. Payment will be done through certified check or money order via snail mail, and will be required up front before the order is placed. personal check is an option but will delay the order by a few days. An estimate will be calculated once the order filled and any adjustments will be promptly credited back to each buyer via paypal or other arrangement. Buyers will have 1 week to submit payment after buy is closed. Paypal will not be used unless you are willing to pay the fees involved, they have threatened to delete my account for receiving gift payments on other grain buys ive done (perfectly within their terms of service).

We buy directly through NCM - this means that we will get true wholesale bulk pricing!
~$30 2Row + shipping (~$6.25)
~$40 Marris Otter + shipping (~$6.25)

To see the catalog, go to:http://www.countrymaltgroup.com/download.asp?f=f6
The password is "greatmalt".

Prices on this sheet have been raised on 11/8/2012.

Note: Breiss grains ARE available to us, DME is also available.

Pricing (Use 1000# pricing)
Pricing on the great malt sheet is an estimate. Plan for about $6.25 per bag for shipping cost and (no tax) on your portion of the order. The prices should be pretty darn close but may vary slightly.

ORDER ENTRY

reply to this thread with what you want.
If you have any issues with the payment methods please PM me. If you do not make payment within 1 week from the time actual pricing is provided you forfeit your right to buy your grain and to participate in the grain buys until further notice. Not trying to be a jerk, but seriously, if you can't make payment within 1 week then you better contact me directly or don't participate. It slows down the order and it is detrimental to the group participants.

DELIVERY: Will be made to K47K's residence in Poughkeepsie, NY.

I will expect participants to work together and figure out a plan to mule sacks for their region. This worked out well last time. we were able to get sacks as far west as Hartford, CT and as far east as Pennsylvania.

K47K will keep us all updated on when the grain order is to arrive, when you should show up to get it, and all that jazz. You, as the buyer, are responsible for picking up your grain or for making arrangements for someone else to pick up and hold your grain for you. Please make your best effort to make the preplanned pickup date as described above.

You may reply to thsi thread with Orders, i will be tracked them in google docs. LINK: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0Am3fjHLGll50dEF4WUxieXFBSFZnN2RWWXRyQjBTZmc#gid=0

Current # of Sacks:42

Anyone from Albany doing a run ??

I think PK is too far to drive from Windham, VT, but would help with gas $$ for a fellow brewer from Albany area if they were willing to pickup a few extra bags..

Anyone from Albany doing a run ??

I think PK is too far to drive from Windham, VT, but would help with gas $$ for a fellow brewer from Albany area if they were willing to pickup a few extra bags..

I'm in Glens falls which is about an hr north of Albany. Definitely interested in this.

I have family not too far from Potown.

Any thoughts on when the bags might be available for pickup? Just curious because I'm not exactly sure what's going on with my schedule and such.

i am guessing you are in nassau county? i travel out east once in a while. dont know how far you are from east moriches?

Crazy west from EM. I Moved to huntington recently about 30min from the city

I'm in if anyone in NYC can pick up for me.

Im willing to do a pickup in brooklyn (Brouwerij lane?) deff, NYC area if a must.
Will supply for gas also.

I will be in for a few sacks again. If there is interest in western orange or Sullivan county ny or pike county pa we can work something out.

Any thoughts on when the bags might be available for pickup? Just curious because I'm not exactly sure what's going on with my schedule and such.

it all depends on how quickly the pallet fills up (42 sacks). its normally a few weeks.

are hops and cleaners/sanitizers eligible for this buy?

hops come in 11lb bags.
sanitizer incurs a HAZMAT free $15 i think
PBW incurs no fee.

i would prefer not to include these items unless they are around 50lbs (PBW), it makes it a pain to figure out shipping. i normally just divide the shipping evenly by 42. when you get into items that weigh less than 50-55lbs that formula goes out the window.

I may very well be a dope but I'm having difficulty figuring out how much it is per bag. is the cent value listed per lb? Also, if I'm reading this correctly, does that make Canada malting the cheapest? Anyone have any experience with their product?

bwomp313 said:
I may very well be a dope but I'm having difficulty figuring out how much it is per bag. is the cent value listed per lb? Also, if I'm reading this correctly, does that make Canada malting the cheapest? Anyone have any experience with their product?

Use the <2000 lb pricing. The price is per pound. They say what the bag size is right above the list of per pound prices for each different company. US malt is typically in 50 pound sacks, Canadian and European is typically 55 lbs.

Just multiply the <2000 price per pound times the bag size listed and that is your bag price before shipping.

To clarify, everything on the CMG pdf is game?

Still in just need someone to mule back to brooklyn. Willing to pay for the trouble.

All of the malts in the PDF are available.

First page has been updated with link to the spreadsheet. prices are listed there. Send me a PM with your real name, username, gmail address and i will get you added to the spreadsheet.

the spreadsheet is editable only by me so place your orders by replying in this thread.

Can you put me in for 2 bags CM&#8208;PALE and 1 bag CM&#8208;SPIL.

Anyone in the Stamford/Darien/Norwalk area PM, we can arrange a pickup.

Can someone explain the pickup process? Is there a window in which pickups can be made. I am in CT and would like to get in on this buy, but I'm not certain I could pickup in NY at a specific time.

Pickup time will be somewhat flexible, i am home every day.

That being said, id recommend you get together with some of the other CT guys and make arrangements so you all dont need to make separate trips.

I dont know exactly how far New Haven is from Stamford but i know its a heck of alot closer than poughkeepsie.

I'd like to get in on this but pickup could be a problem depending on date and time. Is anyone from north jersey/rockland county in on this? I'd be willing to pay for time and gas if you could haul by bags back.

I'd like to get in on this but pickup could be a problem depending on date and time. Is anyone from north jersey/rockland county in on this? I'd be willing to pay for time and gas if you could haul by bags back.

Hey Lenny

I'm going to get in on this buy... Just need to figure out what I want. I'm in closter so I could bring back your sacks when I go to pick mine up.

I'll take 4 sacks.
1 - BD-MOPA
1 - CM-PALE
1 - FB-SPAR
1 - GB-ESB

Is it possible to add a #50 bag of rice hulls to the order (GP&#8208;RICE)?
Hilon

we are up to 27 sacks. if you are planning on gettin in on this order, do so soon as it is filling up quick.

I'm in:

1 CM-Pale
1 CM-2Row
1 BZ-MUNH

I may add 1-2 more sacks but thats it for now. Thanks to all those who got this started!

Lenny and Philber,

PM me your gmail address so i can add you to the spreadsheet. youll need access to see how much you owe when the time comes.

Up to 37 sacks. need 5 more to close out the buy.

I'll add 1 BZ-PILS to my order.

Anyone want to split a sack of Vienna or Wheat?

Back