• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to HomeBrewTalk and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

WTB - New to hobby - Need all the basics (Houston, Texas)

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jarrodaden

Reaction score
I am brand new to the hobby. I haven't purchase any equipment.

I am looking for someone in the Houston area who has extra equipment or is getting out of the hobby.

I am looking for all the basic equipment needed to get started. Nothing outlandish or fancy (for now).

I can pay less than retail, and you can make room in your garage.

Cheers.

Jarrod in Houston, Texas

Look up Foam Rangers, Kuykendahl Gran Brewers (KGB), Bay Area Mashtronauts, & Brew Bayou Homebrew Club all are brew clubs in the Houston area. Also get in touch with DeFalcos (home brew shop).

Hey man! I just got through expanding my entire setup. I have a 10gal SS kettle, 3 glass carboys (6.5 , 6, and 5 gal) and other assorted things. Let me know if youre interested

Welcome! If you're looking for local sources for ingredients there's a couple homebrew shops in the Houston area from where I like to get ingredients. De Falcos as mentioned above, and Homebrew't. If you're in the Clear Lake area, you can also check out B&S Brewer's Guild. Austin Homebrew Supply also is really good and typically shipping is reallllllly fast to us in the Houston area.

I've got a 5 gallon mash tun setup; 5 gallon picnic cooler, ball valve, false bottom and sparging arm (Phil's I believe). I'm in San Antonio but we may be able to work something out. I'm not sure what this setup is going for but I would think $65 is fair.

Not sure what area in Houston you are in but Ray at Brew It Yourself is in the Woodlands/Spring area and can help you out a lot for a really good price.

Back