What Ya Doing For St Patties Day?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

brewagentjay

Reaction score
:rockin: Drinking Holiday Man I Love It!:rockin:

Cheers To All My Irish Friends....:mug:

I'm taking the day off & brewing my first AG. So it's gonna be a Sweet Water Blue Clone..........(Conerned About Choice I Guess. LHBS asked if I why the wheat didn't scare me off that was in this clone) <--Didn't know it was supposed too.

I got my brand new Mash Tun I build from cooler thread on here...Thanks FlyGuy.

:rockin:

Need another brew pot so if I don't get find one I'll be buying a 20 dollar special Turkey Fryer Pot at the Sports Academy...

Any tips for AG let me know.

A significant amount of wheat increases your chances for a stuck sparge. Some people use thinner mash and/or rice hulls to help. Good luck with first AG.

I'll be drinking my Murphy's Irish Stout clone on St. Patty's day.

It's amateur night kinda like New Year's eve - I stay home and let the law pick on someone else.

It's amateur night kinda like New Year's eve - I stay home and let the law pick on someone else.

QFT!

Though I am on a college campus and I am a mere 2 blocks from any number of bars I am staying in. No sense fighting the crowds of belligerent drunks especially with class at 9am the next morning.

QFT!

If I have the energy, I'll stay up way too late brewing the Irish Honey Red that the storm kept me from brewing last weekend (damn plumbing emergencies and power outages!)...

I'm probably not going out to the bar....but I'll be plastered by sundown. I'm gonna get up @ 9am ish go to pick up my new pot then brew day begins....Get Mash Water on Drink a beer....Get Grains Mashing in Tun then drink 2 to 3 beers while I watch my temp...@ 30 minutes left in Mash heat water drink a beer while bring up to temp....
get first runnings clear then sparge and drink a beer....Get wort up to pre-boil mark...down a beer....check SG and start boil or add DME to make up for being my first go at it.....Drop in first hops after hot break and pop the top on another beer....watch for boil over and drink some beer....Eat a burger and drink beer....put in second hops and drink some beer....start cool down process and drink some beer....santaize all equipment and drink a beer....pour wort into primary, take OG and get her splashed with Oxygen reall good and drink some beer....Pitch yeat lid and airlock and drink some beer....
Type notes into computer..... Then time to kick it up a notch play some pool and drink some beer.....

Great St Patties Day and no need to fight the crowd at the bar.

I'm working.

Agreed with above. It's total amateur day, and living in a town with three colleges, it's just not something I want to subject myself to. There is a neighborhood pub that is more working class that I *may* stop by for a pint. I'll likely just take the dog to the park, go home and have a pint of my own stout.

Bringing the festivities to my house instead of hitting the bars. Just kegged a irish stout yesterday, and I will be hosting a St. Patty's Day potluck/Carbomb party. Already bought the corned beef, so I'm good to go :)

Cooking Corned Beef, thinking about making Ruebens out of it - and - drinking a homebrew "Ode to Arthur Stout"....

I really wanted to visit my usual bar but I am not in the area so I will probably pick up some Guinness if I can find it and drink it at home. I have no homebrew ready yet so the homebrew idea sounds good too. Might brew the Ode to Arthur with the money I saved from not going to the bar.

Bringing the festivities to my house instead of hitting the bars. Just kegged a irish stout yesterday, and I will be hosting a St. Patty's Day potluck/Carbomb party.

I will be hosting a shindig at my house as well. I bottled some Deception Cream Stout a few weeks ago and will be sipping on that. May have to do try some carbombs as well!:mug:

Opening a bottle of my Bourbon Barrel Vanilla Stout, enjoying that, then going to bed so I can be at work at 6 AM the next morning...

This weekend, I'll be hosting a St Paddy's party though...

i have an exam at 7pm... but after, there will be much rejoicing. Im also staying away from the bars, probably party with some of my buddies at someones house.

Well, if it is like all the other St. Patty's days, this Irishman will forget to put on his IRISH green shirt in the morning.

Am I the only person here who noticed this? Shame on you fellow Irishmen...

It is St. Paddy's day if not St. Patrick's day. Patty is a girls name....FAWK

Every St Patricks day I get a call around noon from my cousins in Ireland, then I relax after work with some good Irish grub: this year it is some colcannon, a nice lamb stew, and a keg of Irish red ale. My friends gather to eat and drink, and watch The Boondock Saints, a nice enjoyable evening

I actually love this holiday more then any other. I will be at the bar before 7am and home sleeping by 1pm...If I have it in me I'll head back out when I wake up around 4pm...Although I don't have the stamina I used to as a younger man, I still use this as the one day a year I go to the bar with a purpose! As a married father of 2, I go to the bar about 4 times a year...and I am f-in pumped to be sipping a guiness at 7am sharp!

cheers to all
:mug:

Dyeing a growler full of Ordinary Bitter orange and taking "Bitter Willy" to a HoV meeting.

Am I the only person here who noticed this? Shame on you fellow Irishmen...

It is St. Paddy's day if not St. Patrick's day. Patty is a girls name....FAWK

The girl who has the toughest job in the world (cutting my hair so I look good) has her birthday tomorrow, and her name is Patty. So it is st. patty's day.

Besides, you wusses only have a day? In buffalo it's at least a weeklong celebration! :tank:

Amateur hour or not, I'd love to hit up the bars tomorrow for some cold beers and car-bombs. Unfortunately, my professors have seen fit to schedule my second to last med school exam for Thursday, so I'll be studying.

Someone for the love of all things good, have a cold beer for me.

Amateur hour or not, I'd love to hit up the bars tomorrow for some cold beers and car-bombs. Unfortunately, my professors have seen fit to schedule my second to last med school exam for Thursday, so I'll be studying.

Someone for the love of all things good, have a cold beer for me.

Good luck!

I have an exam Thursday too, but its gonna be super simple.... so I feel for you, but I'll be tossing a few back. Probably not a bars, or at least not too late...

i gave up beer for lent :( but i'm catholic and could break it and confess:).

oh well i'll keep my promise there is always next year.

Put the corned beef in a dutch oven before I left for work. Will cook some small red potatoes and cabbage when I get home. And of course, lots of beer.

Oh yea, and some Thin Lizzy will be playing.

I'm gonna take the boy in to get his driver's license then I'm headin' straight home to my kegs where it's safe.

+ eleventy billion on the staying at home thing. People in RI are bad enough drivers on normal nights, forget about amateur nights. I think I still have a few oatmeal stouts stashed in the basement for just such an emergency.

Taking a cab to a nice Pub with my wife in St. Paul (Thank gawd she is a good beer lover!!!) and then hitting a Norah Jones concert.

i gave up beer for lent :( but i'm catholic and could break it and confess:).

oh well i'll keep my promise there is always next year.

I also gave up beer for lent, my wife gave me two get out of lent free passes, on the 16th for the homebrew meeting and St Patricks day!

Back