So who's brewing this weekend?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Oatmeal stout tomorrow! Will also save some wort in freezer to use as a starter for a dunkelweizen next weekend.

Pumpkin Ale! Will finally have 3 batches of beer fermenting at one time. Didn't think I'd ever be there since I keep drinking it too fast.

Gonna do a Citra APA tomorrow. I might do two brews tomorrow...depends how late I get home from hockey :mug:.

I just brewed a chocolate mint stout, used peppermint tea bags in a muslin bag with 5 minutes left smelled great. I am worried however as I harvested pacman from a rogue bottle for this beer and it doesn't seem to be doing anything. I did step it up all week and it did well with each step. Tomorrow I am attempting a Belgian dark strong ale of my own design using wyeast 1214 which is currently part of a 2l starter. This will be a Christmas gift for my beer geek friends.

Update: The pacman has since kicked in! Also I need to update beersmith because my efficiency went up since last time I brewed and I ended up with a higher og than planned for on both beers. Now who wants to sell me a corker cheap so I can cork my belgian?

Since Friday is the start of the weekend.
My first 10 gallon day. Okay, I know it wasn't a 10 gal. AG day. Coopers Mexican Cerveza and AHS' Just Beer Warrior (hops).

Got 15 gallons of Haus Ale going last night. Need to keg 10 gallons of my Hefe today and perhaps whip up 10 gallons of Apfelwein today or Sunday.

Using my new pot from morebeer (overkill 26g) for a 5g amber ale and 5g English brown ale. Plus I dropped a 5g batch of EdWorts apfelwein and 5g of hard cider in the fermenter two days ago. Really need to move to 10g batches with that pot. But these are my first forays into AG.

A couple of Michigan Mashers/Hbters are getting together for a group brew today. One of them is doing a Barleywine, another is doing a sour and I'm doing a Kentucky Common.

Depending on when I get back home Sunday, I'll be throwing my kolsch into secondary for lagering, and putting my tripel into secondary for a long date with Brett B. If not Sunday then monday night.

Then hopefully Tuesday I'll be swinging by the LHBS so I can whip up an ESB.

About to dough in my honeyweizen

ForumRunner_20111008_102755.jpg

Continuing on my stout and porter kick, I'm about to get started on a cherry-wood smoked stout!

Just got the BK on the stove for my Buckeye Burton ale. With 3oz of US English hops,& 10.5lbs of malts,it'll be a big one. I'm going to re-hydrate 4-7g packets of cooper's ale yeast for this one. At an estimated 1.070 OG,I think 28g of yeast re-hydrated should be able to handle it. Seems like it'll be within the yeast's ABV tolerance range @ 28g...

A little "inception" stout with some maple syrup and special dark cocoa powder at flame out.... this one's going to be a tough wait ;)

Just started the mash, and whoa! That cherry-wood smoked malt smells awesome!!

Well.I got the wort for my Buckeye Burton ale chilling in an ice bath,the the sugar water for reconstituting the ale yeast in a bowl with a little ice. Just had the sense this time to fill the empty spaces in the sink around the kettle with ice 1st,then top off with water. Chills a bit faster.

Bringing the temp down on the lager, boil complete and ready to pitch my yeast.

Chinook and fresh columbus lager! Can't wait!

Brewed AG Mirror Pond clone recipe. Overshot SG (must have mis-weighed grains somehow), dropped grain bag in sparge water and got it all over myself, stove, refrigerator, floor, ceiling, walls, ... Oh well, still looks good (added some sterilized water at end to get SG in 1.06x range and had adjusted upwards hops as I did a pre-boil SG reading and knew I would be way high), now just waiting for the magic fermentation to start!

Brewed my first hop rod rye clone (extract version) today. I'm really having so much fun brewing. Thanks to this site for having a recipe with extract option. Starting OG wasn't as high as I was hoping though. It was reading at only 1.042 not sure why it was so low. I was really hoping for a big beer with high ABV around 8%. I'll have to figure out how to kick it up for the next batch.

Tasted it before pitching the yeast and it tasted great. Might not be a high ABV beer, but it still should taste great.

I'm doing my first AG brew tomorrow. It's an India Red. I made a wire braid set up for a 10 gal cooler yesterday. I am very excited.

I actually brewed last weekend, an Oktoberfest with Notty (plan B) instead of the Wyeast Bohemian Lager - it was a dud and after a week since I smacked it it still has not expanded. Anyways, it's going to secondary this weekend. Hey - with an ale yeast it'll take half as long (but it also won't have that lager undertone)!

Came downstairs at 7:25 this morning,& the Burton ale I pitched on at 4:30 was giving the blow off the work out of it's life! The liquid volume in the 1/2G blow off jug has doubled overnight. Every burst of co2 takes some 15 seconds to completely equalize. Looks like my most vigorous fermentation yet.

Doing a repeat batch today of an Irish Red I did last month. Had some efficiency problems, so I'm tweaking the process a little bit. Hoping to wind up with 6 gallons or so instead of barely 5.

My lager from yesterday is showing no activity yet, california lager at a controlled 56 degrees. It's got me nervous, I'm used to brewing ales and seeing them take off immediately.

RDWHAHB.... for now....

On deck today, Columbus and Amarillo IPA - bottling my Cascade Grenade. Been a good brewing weekend HBT!

I made a split 10-gallon batch yesterday between an California Pilsner and a Belgian Dry Witbier.

This is probably my last batch of the year, as decreed by SWMBO. It went well, and I hit all my target numbers which was pretty cool.

I made 52 gallons this year.

Latest posts

Back