Bottle collection? Bottle collection

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

madcow_number_6

Reaction score
I just counted out 163-12oz bottles. 12-22oz bottles, and 4-18.5oz bottles for a total of 2294 floz or almost 18 gallons of beer storing capacity! Whatchu got?

beers.jpg

I guess I could go count up my potential beer storing capacity. However, what this thread is really about is your lack of brewing... so come on cowboy get to work! Empty bottles are doing nobody any favors. Help yourself, help the world, brew more beer.

:mug:

In Progress good sir. Theres 11 gallons bubbling away in various fermenters as I type. I'll need to get these bottles cleaned up and de-lableified before bottling day

11 gallons? You should have no less than 4 5-gallon vessels fermenting at any one time.

(don't look at my sig!)

In Progress good sir. Theres 11 gallons bubbling away in various fermentors as I type. I'll need to get these bottles cleaned up and de-lableified before bottling day

I think it was just before I started to keg that i found myself asking why I was spending all that effort de-labeling bottles. I wanted people to drink my beer for what it was not what the label said it was. However, I had this revelation that I really didn't give a **** what they thought... oh wait I mean I realized that not all people like good beer. Regardless, people's perceptions of what is good and what is not are based many sensory inputs so I guess de-labeling has its place.

Wow, sorry for the rant! Keep brewing and get those fermentors refilled ASAP:drunk:

I had this revelation that I really didn't give a **** what they thought... oh wait I mean I realized that not all people like good beer.

So true, so true.

and I just had my first Craigslist score this weekend. Picked up two new 5 gallon glass carboys for 40$ Gotsta get that pipeline movin'. :rockin:

I think it was just before I started to keg that i found myself asking why I was spending all that effort de-labeling bottles. I wanted people to drink my beer for what it was not what the label said it was. However, I had this revelation that I really didn't give a **** what they thought... oh wait I mean I realized that not all people like good beer. Regardless, people's perceptions of what is good and what is not are based many sensory inputs so I guess de-labeling has its place.

Wow, sorry for the rant! Keep brewing and get those fermentors refilled ASAP:drunk:

I figure if a guy can't take the time to de-label a bottle then I suspect that the bottle itself hasn't been properly cleaned. My perception.

Well lets see here. I've been brewing my ass off and I'm running out of bottles. I still have a decent amount though. I will list roughly from memory based on size.

6L - 1
3L - 3
1.5L -1
.75L - 48
375ml - 20
.5L - 5
22oz - 2
355ml - 40
12oz - 72

I think roughly added up I have in the neighborhood of 25gal of packaging ability. However as you see some are very large bottles. I have many beers needing bottles soon. I brewed up about 16gal this weekend. I have 31 gal of non bretted beers in fermentors. Then I have 15 gal of bretted or bacteria'd beer in fermentors. I think 3.5gal of a mixed ferment saison is getting bottled up soon though.

Lets see....I have 5 batches currently bottled with 3 in various stages of fermentation. I have just enough bottles for the remaining three batches. So roughly about 450 bottles. That number is slightly high since most of my Apfelwein is bottled in all of the 22oz bottles I have.

So bottle storage capacity is at about 35-40 gallons. Didn't realize I had that many until this thread. Good thing since I have a strong scoth and apfelwein that will be sitting in bottles for a few months.

Haha. Being a fairly new at this I figured my bottle count was only impressive to the missus. You guys have me beat by a long shot

6 months ago I had over 1000 bottles but I've been reducing that number by giving a few away to friends and selling a few. I'm finding that 16 kegs is becoming a limiting factor so some of the bottles may go back into commission... :D

Enough 12 ouncers to bottle 7 five gallon batches (53x7=371). The empties are up in the ceiling of my garage. I usually have about half of them full at any given time. Gotta have some surge capacity in case I go on a brew-a-thon.

I have only 2 corny kegs. That's where I need to put some dollars towards. Even though I only have a single tap, one or two extra would allow me to always have a brew aged, carbed, and ready to go at any time.

I have 2 kegs and a few cases of 12oz bottles for storing capacity at this very moment. However, my brother lives out in the sticks and they don't offer recycling out there. He stores all his bottles until he can get them to a recycler. If I took all his stored bottles, he has at least 3 full garbage cans plus about 15 empty cases. He probably has 2000+ bottles available to me. This is just 12ozers. What can I say, my bro loves his beer!

Back