Not-So-Obnoxious Baseball Thread

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The Reds have to be the best team in the league at hitting into double plays and leaving runners stranded. I'm frustrated and venting. Just let me be.

Hey Brewers fans: anybody know why Bill Schroeder hasn't been in the TV booth??? He has been gone a while now and as much as I loved Jeff Cirrillo as a player, he sux as a color commentator.

Classy fight between SF & Phil's tonight...

By classy I mean a complete debacle.

And by complete debacle I mean facepalm of epic proportions.

Whatever slump the G's are in, it's time to wake up & smell the post-season. We got lucky the D-backs lost tonight too, but a 1/2 game lead takes 1 day to erase...

Classy fight between SF & Phil's tonight...

By classy I mean a complete debacle.

And by complete debacle I mean facepalm of epic proportions.

Whatever slump the G's are in, it's time to wake up & smell the post-season. We got lucky the D-backs lost tonight too, but a 1/2 game lead takes 1 day to erase...

Yeah we need to step up and make in happen. About time we drilled Victorino though.

Panda did throw a few good punches though.
laughing-smileys-emoticons149.gif

Well, looks like the Spankees and the RedSux have distanced themselves from my Rays.

I hope we end on a stronger note, but man we can't get our stuff together.

On the plus note, the D'backs are looking pretty good. Hopefully we can run down the Giants to at least give me SOME team to go for in the postseason.

you know, as i was helping my dad tear apart his kitchen last night, listening to uecker call the game, i realized something....

everyone else in the league listening to baseball right now, is NOT listening to uecker.

that must really suck.

Been awhile since I checked in on this thread. So let me just GO RANGERS!!!! Seven games up on the Angels with one to go for the sweep in Anahiem. I feel another World Series visit in our future.

you know, as i was helping my dad tear apart his kitchen last night, listening to uecker call the game, i realized something....

everyone else in the league listening to baseball right now, is NOT listening to uecker.

that must really suck.

Yes it does suck. Haven't been able to listen to him since '97 when I left. I used to live on the same street as him in Menomonee Falls. Not a stalker; just saying as I'd see him driving by occasionaly :).

Bernie is being very quiet in his own thread. Probably doesn't want to jinx the crew... ;)

Let's go Rays!

Man, I am starting to lose hope for this season. Consistency is such a huge issue with them this year.

Joe said we need to make up a game a week... it's possible, but man with our schedule it'll be rough.

Fortunately, the D-Backs are doing well (with the exception of last night and so far tonight) so at least I will have one team to go for in October. But I would trade this one for the Rays to be in it. :rockin:

that must really suck.

I listen to the dude calling the Tigers game and pretend it's Harwell. No offense to those guys, but we are not all baseball idiots who need a continual lesson in pitching. Sometimes I just want them to shut up and call the game.

I have not heard Uecker call a game, but I have seen him on TV.

I listen to the dude calling the Tigers game and pretend it's Harwell. No offense to those guys, but we are not all baseball idiots who need a continual lesson in pitching. Sometimes I just want them to shut up and call the game.

I have not heard Uecker call a game, but I have seen him on TV.

I used to go to bed each night listening to Earnie call the games. I learned to love radio baseball listening to the those great Tigers teams of the 70's, and Earnie.

Braves are looking good. Wildcard spot is looking like a lock. 9 games up in it. I'd still love to see them make a run at the NL East...the Phillies need to cool off a tad.

I try not to mention the Yankees because of the hate it attracts, but anyone who actually follows baseball as a passion HAS to be floored by what they did today... 22-9 and a RECORD 3 Grand Slams. WOW. The one game I don't watch all year of course too...

I hate the spankees, but yeah, what they did today was amazing. Love em or hate em, you have to give credit where credit is due. And that damn Granderson has been lighting us up all year!

On another note, what the hell is happening to my belovex Rangers this week? We start the week with a 5 game lead and now it's down to 2.5! The Red sux really have our number this week!

My beloved Rangers played the way we know they can tonite! Nellie cruz had 2 home runs and was witness to my first ever grand slam! Hit by Mr. Dependable himself, david murphy! I guess since those games with boston werent all that important, we were saving our energy for the games that count-division rivalry. We now 3 up on the angels and two more with them this weekend. We could be back to 5 up in two days. And since their top pitchers are going on 3 days rest, i think we have a good chance to do it! Lets Go RANGERS!!!!!!!!

WildGingerBrewing said:
My beloved Rangers played the way we know they can tonite! Nellie cruz had 2 home runs and was witness to my first ever grand slam! Hit by Mr. Dependable himself, david murphy! I guess since those games with boston werent all that important, we were saving our energy for the games that count-division rivalry. We now 3 up on the angels and two more with them this weekend. We could be back to 5 up in two days. And since their top pitchers are going on 3 days rest, i think we have a good chance to do it! Lets Go RANGERS!!!!!!!!

Cant edit from my phone so.... I was AT the game tonite and saw my first ever live and in person grand slam!

Braves are looking good. Wildcard spot is looking like a lock. 9 games up in it. I'd still love to see them make a run at the NL East...the Phillies need to cool off a tad.

I'd like to see the Phils cool off too. The Crew still needs to make up 5 games in the race for home field advantage. As well as Milwaukee has played lately, I would feel a lot better if they could play more at home against Philly than away. Assuming of course, they even make it that far.

Brewers will be the first team to lock up their division this year. Magic number is 18!! Hoping a sweep of the Cards this week and it will be down to 12..

So we took 2 of 3 from Tampa. I'll take that all year long. Still 3.5 up on the Angels, ,but we have a tough week ahead, 3 in Boston, then 3 more in Tampa before coming home for an easier stretch.

So we took 2 of 3 from Tampa. I'll take that all year long. Still 3.5 up on the Angels, ,but we have a tough week ahead, 3 in Boston, then 3 more in Tampa before coming home for an easier stretch.

Our offense took the series off. We are doomed for the playoffs. Your guys were knocking the cover off the ball... looked really good.

I want to attach a picture from my phone... Can't figure it out. Best part about going to a Mets game? They suck so bad no one comes and you can sit anywhere. Six rows from 3rd base last night after being 10 rows from 1st. Tickets? $9 each on eBay!

Oh yeah, and Blue Smoke BBQ stands all over the park!

Brewers had the Cards on the ropes and then let them come into Miller Park and sweep. Suddenly the lead is down by three with three more in St. Louis. This season is not a gimme by any stretch of the imagination. September Swoon?

Brewers had the Cards on the ropes and then let them come into Miller Park and sweep. Suddenly the lead is down by three with three more in St. Louis. This season is not a gimme by any stretch of the imagination. September Swoon?

Not so sure we can make up 7 1/2 games on u all, but I hope we give it a run. AP is finally hitting, but I'm not sold on our pitching.

One other thing we got out of yesterdays game was that awesome try for the inside the park HR.

I did find this pretty funny though
http://deadspin.com/5836789/yeah-ryan-braun-is-still-hearing-about-his-failed-inside+the+park-home-run-trot

Back