Concrete Landscape Border... got one?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

The Pol

Reaction score
mower_example.jpg

THAT SHOULD SAY CONCRETE... MODS? HELP? ha

This is what my wife and I are planning to do around our home, trees and landscape. It looks so clean, neat, and we can get any color we like. Ours will match our siding (sandstone) and contrast with a nice dark mulch.

Border Patrol

Are you going DIY?

Haven't done it but anything has to better than that green metal or black PVC edging.

Are you going DIY?

Haven't done it but anything has to better than that green metal or black PVC edging.

DIY? No... hired out. I dont want to cut all that sod, and I like the warranty that THEY provide. It is quite reasonable...

I don't blame you there one bit. I had a couple hundred square feet of patio laid, stamped, and stained a couple of years back for less then doing the flagstone myself would have cost. Money well spent in my book.

What is a per foot price looking like here? $5? $10?

Wow that is slick. I just finished killing off about 2,000 sq foot of a slope on the side of my yard and am ready to start putting in some landscaping, but the ****ing edging has been holding me up. The black plastic is cheap but sucks. Individual edging/retaining wall blocks look nice but expensive and a PITA to install. This concrete border would make mowing a breeze and looks great to boot.

I wonder if I could bribe them to make the 3 hour trip north of Indy :D

For our style and color, $7 per linear foot. We are also getting our downspouts routed UNDER the yard and will have gravity pop-ups to release the water away from the house and landscaping.

Wow that is slick. I just finished killing off about 2,000 sq foot of a slope on the side of my yard and am ready to start putting in some landscaping, but the ****ing edging has been holding me up. The black plastic is cheap but sucks. Individual edging/retaining wall blocks look nice but expensive and a PITA to install. This concrete border would make mowing a breeze and looks great to boot.

I wonder if I could bribe them to make the 3 hour trip north of Indy :D

Do some looking, there are other companies that provide this service... and yeah, it is slick as snot. Seen a few houses with it and it is incredible how nice it looks, PLUS durable.

For our style and color, $7 per linear foot. We are also getting our downspouts routed UNDER the yard and will have gravity pop-ups to release the water away from the house and landscaping.

That's not a bad price at all. I have a few of those pop ups and they're, well, they're just awesome.

I tell you what, the style, color, price and the workmanship that I see on the homes on my street makes me think it is a great deal.

The owner is the guy that came out to give my estimate, really nice guy. He got into the business after he had it installed at his home years ago and the company was looking to sell. He thought it was such a great product and added so much curb appeal and value that he bought the company and has been doing it ever since.

I mean, for about $1k we will have our landscaping and trees all surrounded with curb. That includes sending our downspouts under the yard and installing the pop-ups. I am also getting my hop garden surrounded with the curb.

It isnt REAL common here, seen it three times in my life... BUT I think it will catch on since our neighborhood will now have three houses complete in a matter of three weeks.

My folks had it done a couple years ago and it's really nice. The one problem they have is that the radius of some of their beds were pretty tight and it's a PITA to cut the grass around it...and it's not like you can just move it around (course, that's not really a knock against the edging but the specific install)

My parents had it done to their place last summer. I can't remember the price but it was very reasonable. They had the stone pattern molded into it and it looks very sharp. They also got the rope lighting option and at night it makes the yard look amazing. I don't' have any pictures but here is the company that did my parents. Lake Country Borders - Continuous Concrete Borders-

My folks had it done a couple years ago and it's really nice. The one problem they have is that the radius of some of their beds were pretty tight and it's a PITA to cut the grass around it...and it's not like you can just move it around (course, that's not really a knock against the edging but the specific install)

I push mow everything... I can get around anything!

Not my cup of tea, but different strokes for different folks, ya know? Then again, it's very rare that I do like edging along beds.

I had never seen the stuff until this week. We are visiting friends in Yuma, and this stuff must be standard issue out here. Literally every house in the area has it. I think it is pretty cool stuff.

Thanks for posting this, I've been looking at different solutions and this looks really nice.

We are getting it all done in the spring when we totally rip out our current landscaping. Our neighbors that have had it done... well, it looks amazing.

My parents had this done and it keeps the mulch were it is supposed to be. it is very nice. they have had it for two years in snow, ice and extreme heat and none of it has cracked.

I endorse this product.

Back