dangers of Homebrewing video

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

kappclark

Reaction score
Worth the time to watch ..

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GMg03TKoiw8&NR=1]YouTube - The Dangers of Homebrewing[/ame]

I am just now discovering some of these brewing youtube adventures ... a mixed bag to be sure...

Is there a section on HBT which discusses videos and instructional materials ?

Any moderators reading this ? (smile)

That is why I use a fermenter that is only 60% full. That allows the foam to resolve itself and not clog the outlet. Also I believe that forcing that back down into the ferment can cause off flavours. I let it float untill the fermentation stops and it just sinks.

I never realised that you used glass Carboys. I shudder to think what would happen if the foam compacted in the neck. All that glass?. I think you all must have a death wish.

In Australia the tendancy is to use 25 litre plastic fermenters. I use a 50 litre for the reason above. Brew amounts are 22 litre generally. 30 x 750ml bottles.

I like how he seemed to think the vigorous fermentation meant it was going to be "potent". If that's all he cares about, he may as well brew hooch.

I thought I had no clue as to what I was doing... after watching that video, I feel like Arthur Guinness.

Back