1728 Scottish ale doesn't wake up

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Ronkas

Reaction score
I brewd yesterday my peaty porter with OG 1.074;
direct-pitched a WY1728 activated 24h before (pack produced in october and really stiff at moment of pitching, was maintained at 15-19C) in wort that wash oxygenated by shaking and "crashing" (siphoned in fermenter)....

now, about 15h after (at 18-20C) there is no sign of krausen or bubbling activity, nothing on the surface.
On the bottom i see (glass carboy) a big sediment of yeast.

Is that bad or i'm just paranoid? What prob happened? Suggestion on to do (rousing/re-pitch with saf05..)?

hasn't even been 24hrs yet...relax have a homebrew :)

What's your temp?

Ya,ya... i was only worried 'cause I always got really high krausen in all of my brews in the next morning (about 12h) and that baby seems really sleepy. Water-level on my airlock didn't moved at all... and i know, it isn't a good indicator, but, it's another negative point.

however, pitched at maybe 15C or so (night was cool) and moved rapidly to laundry at 18°C, now moved in living room (20C).

Yeast temps in DS : ranging from 13 to 24C

Back