Ever accidentally get a big whiff of CO2 off your lagering tank?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jerryodom

Reaction score
I leaned over in there to dry some water off the bottom right as I took a deep breath in. Damn near passed out!

While we're at it: Anyone know how to minimize the condensation build up on the bottom of a chest freezer lagering tank?

Yup, been there done that. As for the condensation build up, DampRid or Eva-dry will do the job - I use the Eva-dry 500. Just have to keep an eye on them and dry them out when you see condensation forming. The crystals are supposed to turn pink but mine don't seem to. Works well enough though.

If you search the forums here you'll find people talking about buying the DampRid in bulk as it's much cheaper (it's just calcium chloride). Then just get yourself a couple of plastic pots and drill a few holes in the bottom of one, put it inside the other, and then fill with this stuff. Soaks up the moisture and when full it'll start draining in to the bottom. Then you know it's time to replace it.

Thanks whutever. According to DampRid's website I can get it at Home Depot and there's one on the drive home today. Cool cool.

yup... did it the first we brewed.... the next time I was telling my friend what I did and showed him and did it AGAIN... woke up 2 months later...brutal

That's an idea. Get your friends to take a look during primary fermentation with all the airlock action.

Back