Any IPA recipes with Nugget and Cascade?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

emr454

Reaction score
I have two 2nd year hop plants. One is Nugget and the other Cascade. I'd like to make a simple IPA using only my homegrown hops. I have a pound of crystal 60L I can use already. I'll most likely be ordering my grain from Brewmasters Warehouse since they offer free milling. Since 2 row is the cheapest, I'd like to use a bunch of that if I could, but Im open to other suggestions as well.

Any thoughts on how much and what type of malt I should use? Thanks in advance.

Eric

I'm not a big fan of the Cascade hops, just because I don't like the citrus in my beer, but YMMV.

My LHBS uses Bullion for their IPAs, but if you have those two, I'd do the Nugget as a bittering, and Cascade as aroma or dry hop addition.

Sorry, Blender, but unless I'm so far in my IPA mug, I think you got two there, not three :p

11 lbs 2 row
1 lb munich or vienna
0.5 crystal
0.5 cara

1 oz nugget @ 60
1 oz cascade @ 15
1 oz cascade @ 5
1 oz cascade @ dry

Safale US-05 yeast

that would make a tasty IPA :mug:

AZ IPA: Will the cyrstal 60L I have work in your recipe, and is that carapils youre referring to?

Eric

yes, by crystal I meant any kind of crystal but I do like crystal 60L. carapils (or dextrine) is completely different, but I like it - it contributes some body and head retention.

Resurrecting an old thread here...I am in the same exact position where I have 6.5 ounces of Cascade and 5.5 ounces of Nugget. All from my second year hops.

So I really like the notion of the Chaos IPA at https://www.homebrewtalk.com/f69/chaos-ipa-27081/

However, I am quite interested in an Imperial Pilsner that uses only Cascade and Nugget

Does anyone have any recommendations? I have done a lot of searching but am coming up with nothing.

Thanks!

Back