Sanyo 4912, does it fit 1/4 size kegs?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Beeroske

Reaction score
I've spoken to a few places in North Jersey saying that most of the domesitc beer, IE Budweiser, coors, and miller dont' come with Sixth size and only 1/2 & 1/4 sizes. My question is, will this sanyo 4912 fit these size kegs (This is what I am looking to build with)?

If not, does anyone have any recommendations?

Thanks

I don't think they do - at least not the standard 1/4 barrels. If you can get it in slim quarters then your probably good to go as those are about the size of a corny keg.

http://www.micromatic.com/images/articles/11/Kegs-new.jpg
Kegs-new.jpg

I think if it can hold 2 cornies, it should be able to hold one 1/4 keg.

Basically, I would like to know which size kegs budweiser (Anheuser-Bush) makes that'll fit in the Sanyo 4912.

Compressor hump?

A sanyo 4912 can fit two cornies side by side; while width is OK, it won't be deep enough... If you can put a shelf to raise it over the compressor hump, and it isn't too tall (probably is), it would fit if you take off the inner door.

I don't think it will.

Will not fit a half barrel keg. For sure. Not even a quarter barrel (not deep enough). You might have a chance of getting two sixth barrels in there side by side. And you can def get one slim quarter in there, however you might need a low profile sanke coupler.

Sanyo 4912s are primarily for homebrew cornies. I would say that you should look into how to transfer beer from a commercial keg into a corney. Its not that hard.

You can definitely fit two 1/6 barrels. It is tight, but they fit at an angle. The shelves in the door need to be removed and I trimmed a VERY small portion of plastic out to allow the door to shut easier. I'm not sure about 1/4 barrels but they may fit above the compressor hump, I can check tonight. 1/2 barrels definitely do not fit.

They will also fit a 7 gallon bucket fermentor and 6 gallon BB's and carboy's.

Yea, you can fit one sixtel and a corny easy; two sixtels I'd say remove the inner door panel (or 'trim' as ajwillys posted)- With just the shelves removed, two sixtels won't fit.

A regular sankey coupler will work, but it does have a bit of a bend on the beer line on the top of the coupler. If you already have a sankey coupler, I wouldn't spend the money on a low profile; If you're in the market for a new one, I'd go with a low profile.

Cheers :mug:!

Thanks for the info guys. I'm looking at getting the slim 1/4. Now I just gatta get my kegerator parts!

Just to keep everyone updated. I finished the kegerator and the Slim 1/4 of Miller lite and 5 lb. CO2 tank fit perfectly - no problems. I'm going to look and see if I can fit the short fat 1/4s.

I hate to bump such an old thread - but the sanyo will fit a normal 1/4 keg.

You need to raise it up so its even with the hump and rests half on it. But they do fit.

Thanks, after all my reading the 1/4 keg pic just sold me on the 4912M. I plan to build into my bar placing front to front such that it'll be in the dead corner space ajoining the bar to backbar with a false front panel access. I'll have a louvered panel on the back for astetics and probably need a circulation fan. Actually the back and coils will be closer to open air this way. This will also require the tower location towards the rear corner however the corn starch trick has given me confidance to push ahead.

Back