Bottling

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

voodoochild7

Reaction score
I have an IPA that I just haven't had the time to bottle it's been at 65 - 70 degrees in the secondary for about a month. This in very little to no airlock activity I want to bottle today should I pitch more yeast before bottlling or should I be okay with the corn sugar addition only.

voodoochild7 said:
I have an IPA that I just haven't had the time to bottle it's been at 65 - 70 degrees in the secondary for about a month. This in very little to no airlock activity I want to bottle today should I pitch more yeast before bottlling or should I be okay with the corn sugar addition only.

I let a beer sit in the primary for about 3 months and had no problems.

You could always syphon a little of the 'sludge' from the bottom of the secondary if you feel the need.That should give you enough for carbonation!:tank:

I would never dump a brew. My bitters are way to bitter and I'm gonna choke those down. I was just wondering what I should watch out for if anthing after letting in sit for so long I mean aside from clearer beer.

voodoochild7 said:
I was just wondering what I should watch out for if anthing after letting in sit for so long I mean aside from clearer beer.

There's always the Attack Yeast. You want to watch out for those. They'll convert your starches right into alcohol. And make sure they don't form Voltron, then you're really in truble.

You'll be fine without repitching.
I almost always leave mine in secondary for at least four weeks,and have never had a problem with conditioning.
-a.

Okay it's been a while since I've even looked at this post and I have not yet bottled as it's so damn hot in my kitchen I don't want to so I'm gonna start kegging my IPA is now closing in on 2 months in the secondary everything should still be okay right? I'm hoping my kegs will come today and I'll get the beer in there tomorrow.

Latest posts

Back