Movember 'stache

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

nukebrewer

Brew the brew!
HBT Supporter
Reaction score
Any fellas out there who don't normally have a 'stache growing one for testicular cancer awareness month? I want to see before and progress pics of those sexy 'staches from every dude who wants to help save his nads. Due to my being in the military I won't be able to do anything super interesting, but I'm going to grow one to show my support. I'll probably end up looking like a pedophile, but whatever. Small price to pay to save my family jewels. Here's my before pic:

dsc0565-bwsm-57018.jpg

unfortunately I have to wear a respirator at work some days so I am unable to grow facial hair or I would do it. my boss told me I could grow it as long as I don't mind inhaling ebola, hiv, mad cow, etc.

unfortunately I have to wear a respirator at work some days so I am unable to grow facial hair or I would do it. my boss told me I could grow it as long as I don't mind inhaling ebola, hiv, mad cow, etc.

I understand rules are rules, but that's horse ****. Underway on a submarine we buy no shave chits and grow gloriously full beards. When we run fire drills we have to put on full face respirators and I never had a problem getting a good seal even with a month's growth. Anyway, that sucks that you can't grow your 'stache. I'll allow you to live vicariously through me, haha.

The only one you can't really get away with is the Hitler. He ruined that mustache for everyone.

If I was you I'd just grow out a big furry walrus stache. It'll look awesome. The only thing that would look creepy IMO is some kind of pencil stache.

I understand rules are rules, but that's horse ****. Underway on a submarine we buy no shave chits and grow gloriously full beards. When we run fire drills we have to put on full face respirators and I never had a problem getting a good seal even with a month's growth. Anyway, that sucks that you can't grow your 'stache. I'll allow you to live vicariously through me, haha.

facial hair will cause you to fail an n95 test fit every time. I can't wear our tb masks in the hospital because of mine. I get a great seal for dust and such but when they spray the fine particulate mist that has a tracer taste, I get it every time through mine. although a mustache shouldn't affect this as much as a beard or large goat. i do full beard for no shave November then stache it out the final days:ban:

facial hair will cause you to fail an n95 test fit every time.

I've never heard of this test. The only test I've ever done for a respirator (forced air) is to disconnect the air and try to breath. Can't get any air? Good to go and hook the air back up.

I've never heard of this test. The only test I've ever done for a respirator (forced air) is to disconnect the air and try to breath. Can't get any air? Good to go and hook the air back up.

We have to do the N95 fit test in hospitals. They suck, as they are hot and I swear you can't breathe with the darn thing on, but we get a new fit test and a new mask every year.

I normally keep some facial hair. I don't know how long SWMBO will let this go. I'm hoping to keep from trimming it until after a race in March. I don't normally have any sort of mustache. Y'all can count that towards Movember.

image-780066968.jpg

Yah a bunch of us at work are doing this and fundraising. I've never grown a stache before, but have extremely fast and thick stubble when I skip a day of shaving (I get jokes about my 10 am shadow when I do shave)... I have no idea how to groom a stache... should be interesting.

Until 1987, Submariners could grow beards year round, you had to keep it trimme and prove you could get a good seal on your EAB. After '87, we could get no shave chits while at sea but could only have a 'stache on land.

That's me in my avatar although now that we are closer to winter my beard and hair are much fuller.

Whoa. Please tell us you don't work in the food industry!

Cheers! ;)

I was about to post a thread just like this one but always search before posting a new one, so found yours.

I too am growing a tache for the fight against "ar*e and b*ll*ck" cancer.

Open to suggestions on style, last year I had this.

Fancy something different this year but as mentioned the world isn't ready for an "adolf" again.

Here's your canvas this year. Ideas?

image-1823679466.jpg

image-1324926404.jpg

BoomerHarley said:
how about the reverse Hitler? Big stash, shave the middle where Hitler's stash was?

Interesting, that begs the question " is an anti-tache still a tache?"

I didn't care for the rule that you have to shave clean first then grow the stash. I haven't had a clean shave since I was 17 and that was against my will.

NFPA regulations say no facial hair for firefighters. The "quick" fit test for us is don the mask, don't connect the regulator, cover the regulator port with the palm of your hand and inhale. The mask should suck tight against your face - and stay there when you stop inhaling. It is possible to get a decent seal with some facial hair, but not easy. (And if you're doing any certified training, you walk through the door with a goatee, they'll hand you a razor and point you to the bathroom)

I was clean shaven just a couple days before the 1st. They can gimme my donation back if that's a problem.

I'm dying to see it in a month.

Only problem, although I don't think "problem" is the right word... I don't see it coming off at the end of the month.

On the plus side, all the ladies in my office now refer to me as "super hot beard guy". which is cool.

super hot beard guy.JPG

Cape Brewing said:
Only problem, although I don't think "problem" is the right word... I don't see it coming off at the end of the month.

I enjoyed mine so much last year it stayed until New Years when SWMBO said certain privileges would be revoked..... That's right the fermenter space would be reassigned.

Here's what I have so far. SWMBO says I look creepy with a 'stache and I have to say I agree. It would be slightly better if I could do something with it, but I'm stuck conforming to Navy grooming regs.

20121106_162738.jpg

I was about to post a thread just like this one but always search before posting a new one, so found yours.

I too am growing a tache for the fight against "ar*e and b*ll*ck" cancer.

Open to suggestions on style, last year I had this.

Fancy something different this year but as mentioned the world isn't ready for an "adolf" again.

Here's your canvas this year. Ideas?

I don't know what it's called, but my vote is for the one with the small gap in the middle and it tapers down as it approaches the corners of the mouth.

Dedicating a lifetime to facial hair style is as good a way to spend your days as any!

I suspect I'd need to be a 90 year old former spitfire pilot for anyone to take me seriously with a tache like that. Lol

Back