Another Hookah Thread

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Kosch

Reaction score
Well so I've searched and saw a few hookah threads, but nothing recent, so how's about another one?

I just got into hookahs. I've smoked pipes for years, cigars now and then, but was intrigued by hookahs. I definitely enjoy the smooth, tasty smoke (or more like vapor I should say) and the social aspect of it.

Right now I'm enjoying some Al Fakher Berry shisha with a Rogue Dead Guy Ale. Probably not a perfect, pairing, but it works well. I think next I'll try a New Belgium Abbey and see how that works.

Anyone else here enjoy some tasty shisha with your beer? Post your flavors and pics of your hookah!

Kosch

photo.jpg

My wife enjoy a good Hookah now and again. I still smoke my tobacco pipes and the occasional cigars but the hookah is by far the smoothest smoke. We have been sticking with the non-tobacco shishah for now.

I got rid of my hookah years ago but my mom let me smoke it in my room while i was living at home,( which looking back i find odd ), My bud still has one and we will fire one up after a long day of hunting or fishing. green apple is my favorite flavor.

I smoked hookah very often during high school. My friend and I built one once out of 6" PVC and a bunch of copper. It had 6 hoses and worked better than any manufactured hookah I've tried. My brother recently stayed with me for a couple months and we broke out my hookah after not using it for a couple years, it really makes for a nice evening relaxing and socializing. Try using 50/50 milk and water in the base, it's an awesome twist on the flavor and so smooth. My favorite to pair with milk was caramel shisha.

I enjoy hookah from time to time. I don't like smoking it indoors but it's a nice patio addition as long as the weather is nice enough. It's rarely that nice here. Either I am too hot or somebody else is too cold.

Wow, sudden interest after 5 months! Sweet!

I've since upgraded from the blue one in my original thread to a Khali Mamoon, man, what a difference!

I have also really taken to a bit mellower flavors, apricot, plum, and jasmine. Apricot or jasmine with a nice IPA is amazing! Haven't tried green apple yet but it's on my list.

Glad to see some others here who enjoy it.

Subsailor: what flavors do you and your wife like? My girlfriend (well, un-official fiance, been together 11 years!) really likes the stronger fruity flavors like watermelon and berry.

Cheers all!

I like putting it full of ice and tequila adds some nice flavors

I've only partaken from street vendors across the pond who offer a hookah for after dinner.

Never could get past the "sucking on charcoal" aspect of it.

Rose flavor was a favorite. I was incredibly addicted when I was smoking, to the point where I had a "travel" hookah that I used to carry around and take to parties. It stopped being fun when I needed it to keep from biting my now-wife's head off.

Right i see someone has a khalil mamoon, i have two km's and a beautiful al-fahker. I just had a bowl of starbuzz pumpkin pie with a punkin ale FANTASTIC!!!

Been awhile since I posted here. Just fired up the KM with a mix of Al-Fakher Plum, Al-Tawareg Juicy Plum, and Al-Fakher Jasmine. Pairing with a No-Li Jet IPA... Rather tasty stuff!

Nice end to a rough week at work!

Subsailor: what flavors do you and your wife like? My girlfriend (well, un-official fiance, been together 11 years!) really likes the stronger fruity flavors like watermelon and berry. Cheers all!

We like similar flavors but she prefers that we go with the more herbal shishas versus the tobacco based. Flavors like grape-mint, raspberry, apple and others from Socialsmoke.com

Sorry for the late response - have alot going on in life.

Back