Syracuse, ny - round 8 group grain buy

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
If no one else is going to get in on it, it's not really a big deal whether I get any or not. I don't want to eat the entire shipping costs. I figured a few people would be getting it on it to defray shipping costs.

If no one else is going to get in on it, it's not really a big deal whether I get any or not. I don't want to eat the entire shipping costs. I figured a few people would be getting it on it to defray shipping costs.

I'd totally be in on this but money is tight right now, sorry!

The following are people we have not heard from yet. Please let us know if you have sent out your payment.
TwoGunz $132.00
JBSENG $301.00
Bellini88 $199.00
DSlocum $265.00
BryanJ $216.00
dbush20 $140.00
akirch12 $181.00
Rubis $107.00
Lawle102 $234.00
Abrew2u $161.00

Come Monday if we haven't heard from you yet, we will be selling your phone number to telemarketers =) oh ok maybe not.

Yeah I might bale out myself. I dont really need them, plus I just blew $600 on this buy. Hopefully they will come down in price with the 2012 harvest. Pellets should start hitting the market in the next few months.

So if you want to go ahead and send your deposit for the buy, you can do that. If we do push forward with the hops, we can do something separate for payment. Sound fair?

Good enough for me. I will get my payment out tomorrow.Is Personal check ok? Or is it too late to the point that it will delay placing the order?

I'm going to go to the bank tomorrow and get a money order since apparently i have no checks. If i get off my ass and get an envelope i'll send it out tomorrow too.

Just got my certified check. It'll go in the mail tomorrow!

Just for fun I compared the pricing between the group buy and what my LHBS had (NT Homebrew). It was pretty shocking.

Link to the spreadsheet:
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0AhHpwM4Au-bGdE8zN2NlWjhuX095eDFnSDJrckEwd3c

Granted I would never buy this much at once from my homebrew store, but damn! Also, I should note that they don't carry Aramis or Marris Otter, so for Aramis, I just used their normal pound of hops price and for Marris Otter, I used UK Pale Ale malt pricing.

I put my money order in the mail yesterday.

Who from buffalo is making the drive out to the pick up location? I got a 2 sacks and a pound of hops for a friend that isn't a member on this forum. I'm trying to figure out a way to get it to him sooner rather than later since base malt is expensive at Niagara Traditions. Would anyone be willing to meet up with him and give him his grains?

I put my money order in the mail yesterday.

Who from buffalo is making the drive out to the pick up location? I got a 2 sacks and a pound of hops for a friend that isn't a member on this forum. I'm trying to figure out a way to get it to him sooner rather than later since base malt is expensive at Niagara Traditions. Would anyone be willing to meet up with him and give him his grains?

t-booneyay is doing a Buffalo group pickup, but I'm not sure if he can hold any more, you should contact him and ask, but 2 sacks doesn't seem like too much.

You mention sooner rather than later? The pickup is on the 29th, so that'd be a set date :p.

t-booneyay is doing a Buffalo group pickup, but I'm not sure if he can hold any more, you should contact him and ask, but 2 sacks doesn't seem like too much.

You mention sooner rather than later? The pickup is on the 29th, so that'd be a set date :p.

Okay thanks I'll send him a message. Its either the grain goes to buffalo that day or I take it home with me and bring it up to my friend when I get a chance to drive up to Buffalo.

So I came home last night and I noticed my envelope was sitting on the kitchen counter. I was confused because I put it in the mail Saturday morning. I looked at my roommate and he said: 'What? I got the mail...'

It's in the mail this morning.

So I came home last night and I noticed my envelope was sitting on the kitchen counter. I was confused because I put it in the mail Saturday morning. I looked at my roommate and he said: 'What? I got the mail...'

It's in the mail this morning.

Haha, ouch!

Keith and Jeff -> There is some extra cash in the MO. That's for you guys. Thanks for another great round!

THANKS! I know we certainly appreciate the tip.

Sorry guys I haven't been able to post and was having some connectivity issues. In either case I received some more checks, I will be checking back in soon

Here are the people I ahve Checks from:

Cidah $364.00
JeffB418 $606.00
CR1997 $318.00
bierhaus15 $176.00
DSlocum $265.00
Gcdowd $485.00
akirch12 $181.00
kzhusker $116.00
Rubis $107.00
r49b $195.00
Lawle102 $234.00
chrispy $120.00
Brehuh $380.00

Thanks!

I'll check with the seller today. Looks like we are looking at 3 lbs total.

lawle102 - 0 LB
Jeffb418 - 1 LB
rubis - 2 LB

The seller thinks he has 4 lbs left. They would be around $27.80/lb shipped he says. But I may have found someone else selling them cheaper, just waiting on availability and shipping cost. His are 2011 as well, and looking at around $23.50 shipped per lb if he has any left.

The guy with Simcoe hops has 4 lbs left. We have 3lbs accounted for. Lawle no longer wants a lb. Anyone else want the last lb for $23.50 shipped? Let me know by 5 PM tonight.

Also, rubis... you are definitely in, correct?

The guy with Simcoe hops has 4 lbs left. We have 3lbs accounted for. Lawle no longer wants a lb. Anyone else want the last lb for $23.50 shipped? Let me know by 5 PM tonight.

Also, rubis... you are definitely in, correct?

Yes count me in for 2 lbs

Back