First BBQ comp

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

monty3777

Reaction score
Here is a video I put together from my first BBQ comp this last weekend. Hope you enjoy!

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gC31zT8ETcM]YouTube - First Competition[/ame]

Nice! Did you manage to place at all? My wife is a part time team member here in PA. KCBS are the best competitions. EVeryone if so friendly. Teams will give you anything but their recipes.

No - we didn't place in the top 20. Came in 23 out of 37 teams. Our first comp so we have a lot to learn!

They don't give specifics - though they do give breakdowns of scores (appearance, taste, tenderness etc). Most of our big hits came on appearance. That has a lot to do with garnishing which I know nothing about. I basically slopped the food on top of the lettuce and moved on to the next category.

But my ribs - well, they didn't need to tell me what was wrong with them. Just plain undercooked and I knew it as soon as I took them off the smoker.

Latest posts

Back