New Brewstand

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

GWDawg1

Reaction score
My shameless copy of SouthernYankee's brewstand. First welding project every. Welding experience maybe an hour. Thank goodness for MIG welders.

IMG_0299.JPG

Which welder are you using,mid I may ask? I was heading towards a weldless build but I have just about convinced myself that I can do a welded one. Experience == 0.

I am using a Hobart Handler 140 that I bought from Northern Industrial for $499 with free shipping and a free cart for the welder. Experience = 0. I watched a few videos on YouTube and just jumped in with both feet. Went to my local steel retailer and they gave me some scraps to practice on. I am using 1 1/2 square tubing 11 gauge. I tried the flux welding but went ahead and picked up a gas bottle which really helped with the quality of my welds.

You gotta learn how to do something new somehow. Good job diving in. Welding is something I would like to learn eventually. My last project was a electric BIAB setup. Electrical experience = 0. It's amazing what one can accomplish with the internet around.

I spent the first two hours Sunday learning how to weld. From 10am-noon and from 1-3pm welding the top half of my stand. I counted just under a hundred, 2" welds in total. How cool is it to have your own stand that you made! I called castercity today and they were helpfull ansering my questions. I have new casters on the way!!. I can't wait to brew on this bad boy! Your stand looks good too!

I spent the first two hours Sunday learning how to weld. From 10am-noon and from 1-3pm welding the top half of my stand. I counted just under a hundred, 2" welds in total. How cool is it to have your own stand that you made! I called castercity today and they were helpfull ansering my questions. I have new casters on the way!!. I can't wait to brew on this bad boy! Your stand looks good too!

That's great. Always good to learn something new, even when you get older like me.....gettting my Medicare card next week!!!! I am inspired by some of the guys on this forum and their electronic gadgetery. Wish I had the smarts to build some of the things they build. It is all a learning process.
I was into brewing about 7-8 years ago and moved to another town when my wife retired and got out of homebrew. Just getting back in nowadays, and I am amazed at how far homebrewing has advanced in just the last few years.

Back