Questions about wines

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

derbycitybrewer

Reaction score
So I've been thinking of getting a red wine kit. I have hardly no knowledge of names and types of wines. But to cut to the chase I'm looking for a sweet red wine. Like a desert wine. What kind of kit would I need to get these results? Cheers and thanks ahead of time.

You could consider a mist-style kit, like Island Mist. WineExpert's Selection Speciale Chocolate Raspberry Port kit makes three gallons of outstanding wine, as does the Okanagan Peach Ice Wine-style. They were easy to make, and even easier to enjoy. And for a red, there is WE's Cabernet Franc Ice Wine--have tasted this one. All delicious, and they can be ready to bottle as early as six weeks(keywords: can be).

I also like: Mosti Mondiale's La Bodega port kit. I have not made this, but have been lucky enough to have been gifted a few bottles. Quite nice.

Or check out Home Winery Supply's assortment of various concentrates www.homewinery.com, use 64oz concentrate to make five gallons OR if you need to order the 16 ounce concentrate you must call them. The concentrates are awesome & if you are looking for other grape varieties you can find them here, not to mention the fruit choices like watermelon, passion fruit, pineapple, etc. I particularly like having access to smaller volume of wine grape concentrate other than 'red/white'.

ForumRunner_20121220_222240.png

ForumRunner_20121220_222259.png

Back