Where do most of you get your beer kits?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Diablotastic

Reaction score
Howdy

Just curious where the vets like to get there beer kits/ingredients

I've purchased 5 kits in total (3 brewed, 2 pending)

1 English Brown Ale (Random website-forgot where)

1 Hefeweizen, 1 Rasberry, 1 Belgium Trippell, (Morebeer.com)

1 Octoberfest Ale (LHBS-Stangebrew)

It's been a few years since I purchased a kit from anyone besides austinhomebrew. Ingredients I buy locally about 90% of the time.

I had been using these guys for a while, www.leisure-time.com , they have, hands down, the best prices for Brewers Best kits. No tax, 4 dollar handling charge and then you pay for shipping. They aren't the fastest ones though. They usually ship out one day a week. But the prices are cheaper. Last week I went ahead and ordered 3 kits from AHS. They were a little more expensive but no tax and only a 6 dollar across the board shipping charge. I was impressed. All the grains were already in a muslim sack. I could tell from brewing one this past weekend that the ingredients were fresh. If using LME, they use a bigger pail instead of cans, and it's a whole lot easier to get all the LME out. I got a style similar to Brewers Best and after I try the AHS brand, I'll make a decision as to which company I'll stay with. It only took 2 days to get to my house with AHS. A lot of the brethren here say a lot of good things about AHS. The owner is also a member here, Forrest, is his name I think.

I use beer-wine.com. I'm not sure how there shipping is, since i pick up everything. They have a good variety too...

Hi! I recently ordered a 5 Gallon Basic Beer Brewing Equipment Kit from homebrewery.com ... I am new to homebrewing and will be doing my first batch or try at it anyhow, so I don't have feedback on how the kit is but it looks good and I have read good reviews on other websites about their brewing kits such as their signature yellow dog pale ale... Haven't heard anyone buy from homebrewery.com on this forum, but I'm hopeful everything will be great...

I've been purchasing ingredients and kits from Austin Homebrew as well. I like the flat rate shipping, and their website is very easy. The kits have been very good.

Latest posts

Back