Brewhouse in Greater Phoenix area?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mainah

Reaction score
Hey all,
Recent transplant from Maine, now living in the SW and LOVING IT.

Back home we had a brewhaus with 12 taps and a few casks, with a variety of brews from all over the place on tap. Changed the selections every week, never the same every time you went. Food menu is awful, but that was just it.. it was a place for BEER not food.

Here I see brewpubs all over the place (Not a bad thing! :ban: )

However does anyone recommend any decent brewhouse that has a wider selection available? I have been to Yardhouse, and that is great, I am just looking for other options between all the brewery visits.

Four Peaks and San Tan are two that always come up in most discussions in this area. There are a couple more but I don't recall them right now. Welcome to the Valley of Sun! I've been here 10 years now, and no, the summers do not get any easier.:cross:

I have been to Arizona several times over the past 8 months.

Four peaks is good, great food and good beer but way too packed and expensive for my liking.

Papago has a great, always-changing beer selection but I found the staff to be pretty snobby the couple of times I went in.

Sleepy dog was my favorite environment by far. Laid back and chill. Their regular beers are all good but none of them were "amazing". They do have some good wines and meads as well.

Dave's Electric brewpub wasn't anything special. Only like 4 beers, but I did like the street-side view. Plus Mill ave was awesome.

I think that's all of em I've been to. Out of all those I think Papago is the closest to what you're describing. They have around 25~ taps, I think 5 of which are house brews. The rest seemed to revolve regularly. They also had 7 or so coolers of bottles you could drink there or grab to go (prices were reasonable).

I don't venture out of the midwest much but from the few times I went to Phoenix I've come to think of it as the craft beer capital. Too bad I broke up with my girlfriend down there, I still wanna go visit and drink more beer ;)

Awesome guys thanks!
I appreciate the info!

If your still looking for a great place with rotating taps you should check out O.H.S.O Nano brewery on indianschool and 48th st. also Taste of Tops in Tempe.

Sonoran Brewing at Pinnacle Peak patio steakhouse, Nimbus Brewing and Bistro in Scottsdale (just bought a Groupon for here), Gordon Biersch (not a big fan), BJ's Brewery are a few more.

Back