crystal grains not milled

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

PUD

Reaction score
i got my megapot in today with my base grain and crystal grains. i didn't get the crystal milled?? this is going to be my first all-grain how should i crush them without a mill(that's my next purchase)??

my new kettle looks pretty sexy with the ball valve and brewmometer. think i'll make the SWMBO sleep on the couch tonight! :rockin:

great, i was thinking the same thing as i was looking at the package they came in. i snapped a few with my fingers and thought it would take awhile doing this. thanks, looks like i'll go that route.

The best way to crush your malt is with an exacto knife. Just clice each piece of grain into three.

Ive been doing this for almost 20 years, and Ive nearly got enough grain for my second batch:tank:

On second thoughts, Brads idea could be better. :)

Gruntled said:
The best way to crush your malt is with an exacto knife. Just clice each piece of grain into three.

Ive been doing this for almost 20 years, and Ive nearly got enough grain for my second batch:tank:

On second thoughts, Brads idea could be better. :)

Even if I have not had 6 HB's already that would still be damn funny.

If I needed to hand crush some extra grains (this was before the Barley Crusher), I would simply drop them into a 5-gallon pale, go get my 3-pound sledge, and simple smash the grains in the bucket. Very effective, and the deep bucket contains the debri and dust.

Back