Redneck goin to the big city, need beer suggestions!

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

curlyfat

Reaction score
I'm traveling to Ft Collins, CO on Sunday and plan to hit a huge liquor store since I have very little selection here in bumf**k Wyoming (love the state, hate the lack of selection)

What should I seek out to purchase? I know about Stone, DFH, Russian River, and I plan to grab some Belgian imports. What else do I need to look for? This place has pretty much every beer you could possibly get in Colorado.

EDIT: I plan on spending copious quantities of cash, so price is not an issue on this particular trip.

Shorts Brewing Company appears to be a huge hit at GABF, dunno if that is available there. I love most of Southern Tier's stuff. Can't go wrong with Goose Island. Bear Republic is pretty good. Bells Brewery. Just tossing out some ideas, there are too many to list!

I just called that place, they said they have close to 1000 beers, so i think you're heading in the right direction ;)

There's a old list here.

If I were to recommend I'd say almost anything that says Stone, Lagunitas, Anderson valley, Russian River, Deschutes, Ninkazi, Sierra nevada, Mikeller, HUB, and Laurelwood

Keep the list coming! I do have access to the big ones like Sierra Nevada, Deschutes, New Belgium, Odells, but nothing too unusual or far away. I haven't heard of some of those listed, so that's a good thing!

Of those names like mikeller and lagunitas they have many labels so you'll have a wide selection

Some beers that I have liked a lot recently that probably travel well:
Speakeasy Payback Porter
Redhook Treblehook Barleywine
Dogfish Head Sah'tea (polarizingly banana-y...)
Sierra Nevada 30th Anniversary Charlie Fred & Ken's Bock
Lost Abbey Carnevale Saison
Goose Island Bourbon County Stout

I would stick to local stuff for pale ales, hefeweizens, and pilsners.

How about a more specified question:

In you opinions, what's the ONE beer I should look for?

So what did you end up with?

Oh, just a few things.. :mug:

IMG_20100919_1359552.jpg
:ban::ban:

Avery's Maharajah is one of my favorite IPA's from boulder but it's seasonal not sure if it's still on the shelves.

Where do you live in Wyoming, I graduated from Gillette in '91...

I'm in Casper. Right smack-dab in the middle of the state.

Avery's Maharajah is one of my favorite IPA's from boulder but it's seasonal not sure if it's still on the shelves.

Well, now I have a bottle...I didn't look at dates, though. :mug:

Some beers that I have liked a lot recently that probably travel well:

Sierra Nevada 30th Anniversary Charlie Fred & Ken's Bock

+1 for this. A really stunning beer and maybe the most delicious Lager I've tasted.

Back