happy birtday bird

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

2nd Street Brewery

Reaction score
Bird, happy birthday. I knew you said you had one coming up soon didn't realize it was this soon. Have a good one and I'll hoist one to you when I get home tonight.:mug:

Thanks, guys!

Given that it's the tenth anniversary of my first legal drink, figure it's a great opportunity to crack the Stone 10th Anniversary IPA sitting in my fridge!

Incidentally, just had their Ruination IPA for the first time last night - HOLY F*CKING ****, dudes, that's a DAMN good beer. DAMN GOOD!

Cheesefood said:
Anything else fun planned for the_birthday?

Get some goddamn sleep. The babe's getting her molars, which means she let us get about two and half hours of sleep last night. I'm thinking about taking the rest of the day as a personal day and crashing. Not the best birthday I've ever had, at least as of 9:30.

We did go out yesterday, left the babe with her best friend for the afternoon. Nothing too exciting, just a chance to get out, have a drink, get some good food, and not have to stress about having a toddler wrecking havoc.

the_bird said:
Get some goddamn sleep. The babe's getting her molars, which means she let us get about two and half hours of sleep last night. I'm thinking about taking the rest of the day as a personal day and crashing. Not the best birthday I've ever had, at least as of 9:30.

We did go out yesterday, left the babe with her best friend for the afternoon. Nothing too exciting, just a chance to get out, have a drink, get some good food, and not have to stress about having a toddler wrecking havoc.

Well, look at it this way... Soon all of the teething & diapers & child locks will be a memory then you can settle down to teenage arguments over clothes & boyfriends, the college fund, the wedding costs and...

Glad I have 2 boys.

Happy birthday man - i'll decicate the cracking of the octoberfest keg in your honor later this evening......

Yuri_Rage said:
Happy Birthday!

Did you ask for a false bottom...or are you getting a real piece of ...?

...THAT was a bad joke...

"Honey, all I want for my birthday, is a bl...."

Yes, I've had that conversation... :D

(that, and my Banjo Cooker)

Let's all chip in and see if we can't raise the necessary $2.50 to buy The_Family a tube of Orajel for the_baby_bird.

Cheesefood said:
Let's all chip in and see if we can't raise the necessary $2.50 to buy The_Family a tube of Orajel for the_baby_bird.

How old is Miles again?

Just WAIT. Just WAIT, is all I have to say.

Or are you the guy who'll just sleep through everything? :D

the_bird said:
How old is Miles again?

Just WAIT. Just WAIT, is all I have to say.

Or are you the guy who'll just sleep through everything? :D

You've probably heard my snoring. If you point your ear towards the Northwest burbs of Chicago, on a still night even people in India can hear the rumbling.

Happy Bird Day from one scorpio to another (not that I believe in that crap :)) I'm going to a scorpio party this coming Sat. About 8 of us scorpios and the spouses etc.

Tucson sends its best Bark Scorpion at ya!
bark_scorpion_1.jpg

I promise not to drop one of them into the homebrew I'm sure I'll be sending you after FFB.

MAN, this birthday beer of mine is PHE-NOM-ENAL!

Stone 10th Anniversary, celebrating the 10th anniversary of my 21st birthday.

Wow, this is good stuff... I may have to do my IPA next, hold off on the porter.

I enjoyed a Rogue Chocolate Stout in your honor bird. And it was damn fine! :rockin: Glad to hear yours is good too!

Happy Birthday again! :mug:

Ize

Back