Brewing Now: Moss Hollow Soured '09

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Evan!

Reaction score
Just kegged my '08 Flanders Red a couple days ago, so it's time to dump new wort on those bugs. Mashed in right now. Drinking a pint of the '08 Soured. It's sunny, low 70's, no humidity. What could be better?

Sounds yummy! I've wanted to do one for awhile now.

Have you had problems with any Brett, etc getting into other brews? I've done a lot of searching/asking around and keep getting varied responses. Lots of folks say they change out all the non glass equipment and everything is fine. I've talked to others who cite examples of Brett travelling airborne and taking up residence in the wood of cellars, etc. With the large amount of brewing I do I haven't wanted to take any chances, especially with things like barley wines and means that I intend to lay down for quite awhile prior to drinking.

Done, cleaned up, in the fermenters, by 5:30. Just about 4 hours. Not bad for a 90 minute boil and no real sense of urgency. Hit my grav and vol. Now...bring on the sour! Hopefully this new batch will be more like RGC, and I won't have to dose it with any lactic acid.

Man, after doing 10 gallon batches, these little 5 gallon ones are pieces of cake. I love it! I think I'll brew a couple more sour/funky batches on Friday. B-weisse...bretted trappist...awww yeah.

Man, after doing 10 gallon batches, these little 5 gallon ones are pieces of cake. I love it! I think I'll brew a couple more sour/funky batches on Friday. B-weisse...bretted trappist...awww yeah.

Someday I want to be as cool as Evan!

All kidding aside... I respect your brewing talent. I have yet to do the sour beer shuffle. I wish I had more time to brew as well. :mug:

Back