sexy dry hoppage

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ApolloSpeed

Reaction score
I've dry hopped two batches now and WOW! I love it.

I used Challanger pellets......and just dumped a 1/2 oz straight into the carboy right as the bubbler pretty much stopped bubbling.

Should I be using a bag? It tastes good without it.

And are there any better hops to dryhop with other than Challanger? Or is that a good one?

Also, is there a difference in pellet vs leaf when dryhopping?

I like to use a bag for my hops. I have found that just dumping them in will clog my bottle wand when bottling, or clog my dip tube after kegging. If you don't have either of those problems, then go for it!

I just popped the lid on my Leftover Hops IPA that I oaked and dry hopped with 1 oz of Willamette. Beervana.

I just popped the lid on my Leftover Hops IPA that I oaked and dry hopped with 1 oz of Willamette. Beervana.

oaked eh? sounds yummy. How much oak, and what form did you use? I'm dry hopping a batch of brew right now, and its about 4 days in. This oaking business sounds like a good idea :)

Back