Final gravity of Fat Tire clone

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Augie

Reaction score
OK I made the stuipest mistake right off the bat on my first batch. I followed everything exactly but when I was going to take my OG my hydrometer rolled off my counter and shattered on the floor. :drunk: I pitched my yeast and closed off my fermenter but couldn't take my OG. Is there any way to know what my final gravity for this may be? I am getting a new hydrometer tomorrow on my way home from work but am going to wait a week to take a reading to leave the fermentation alone. I am also going to just let it go and wait to get consisten hydrometer readings over 3 days but would like to know a ballpark of where I should be.

http://www.midwestsupplies.com/products/ProdByID.aspx?ProdID=3517

Flat Tire (Fat Tire): This popular Belgian Ale comes from one of the most respected breweries in the mountain states. This rich, nutty ale is bottled conditioned with a blend of hops that impart a fresh aroma and a smooth texture.
Our ingredients for this recipe include: 6 lbs. Light liquid malt extract, 8 oz. Special B, 8 oz. Caramel 120°L, 8 oz. Munich 10°L specialty grains, 2 oz. of hops

I did use a wyeast Belgian Ale Wyeast Activator 1214

http://www.brew-winemaking.com/ProductPDF/3517.pdf

Thanks for the help

Darren

Well took 3 days of hydrometer reading, and are staying solid about 1.010-1.011 and no airlock activity. Its going to secondary tonight and all of those samples tasted damn good too. I am looking forward to my next batch next week; although I may start is this weekend if I can get this honey-do list done.

Well its in bottles, so only a few more weeks but from my samples while bottling were great. Also just put a honey ale in secondary and it also is coming out good so far.

Back