New years

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

lazarus0530

Reaction score
What we all drinking for the New Years? I'm getting sloshed on Sam Adams winter fest and grey goose vodka since none of my home brew made it thru Christmas . HAPPY NEW YEARS!

home brew pale ale and hefe

just a coupla brews though... past the age where getting smashed does anything for me that's good

Thinking about pulling a sample glass of my the wee heavy I brewed in 2011. :D Not sure if I'll be able to handle more than one glass without a good amount of time between, At 12.5% it could have a bit of a kick to it. :D

Golddiggie said:
Thinking about pulling a sample glass of my the wee heavy I brewed in 2011. :D Not sure if I'll be able to handle more than one glass without a good amount of time between, At 12.5% it could have a bit of a kick to it. :D

Sounds fantastic !

Sounds fantastic !

Smelled great when I moved it from aging vessel into the corny kegs to carbonate. :D The several months aging with Hungarian oak cubes made it even better than before it went in. My 8.9% old ale, made with cherry wood smoked malt, then aged on a section of toasted cherry wood, is also great. Better closer to room temp (above 50-55F) than cold (under 50F).

I'm doing 3 bottles of Rochefort. The 6. Then the 8. Then the 10. :ban: I'll follow that with some homebrewed porter and maybe a Sierra Nevada Celebration ale, if I run out of the other. :drunk:

At least one bottle of my Cranberry holiday ale (the other bottles will be sampled by friends/relatives). Then, moving on to nursing a few Lagunitas Brown Shuggas, and ending on a Stone 12/12/12 vertical epic.

signpost said:
I'm doing 3 bottles of Rochefort. The 6. Then the 8. Then the 10. :ban: I'll follow that with some homebrewed porter and maybe a Sierra Nevada Celebration ale, if I run out of the other. :drunk:

That's my type of drink'n there! Be safe

aiptasia said:
At least one bottle of my Cranberry holiday ale (the other bottles will be sampled by friends/relatives). Then, moving on to nursing a few Lagunitas Brown Shuggas, and ending on a Stone 12/12/12 vertical epic.

Epic

Absolutely killing me that my co2 tank timing means I just started carbing tonight and was reduced to the humiliation of purchasing Bell's Two Hearted to drink....

Gonna crack open one of the hefe's I bottled a few weeks ago. I know they are young, but I wanna try one or 6.

GeorgiaTiger said:
Gonna crack open one of the hefe's I bottled a few weeks ago. I know they are young, but I wanna try one or 6.

Try away! Let me know how it turns out!

My drinking schedule is as follows. 2 of my hombrew brown ales, a bomber of Sierra Nevada Pale Ale, and finishing with my first Heavy Seas beer a Barleywine that I hope is pretty good. I hope that makes it to the New Year because it will be hard to go back to my brown ale after a barleywine.

Back