Electric Rig complete. Video link.

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mavrick1903

Supporting Member
HBT Supporter
Reaction score
is the video for the build. It's complete and making beer. Improvements and tweaks of course are still making it a work in progress, but You'll get the idea.

Built using an IBM computer case (gutted) as the control box. 2 Keggles, recirculating Mash through the BK. Welded 1" square stock stand, which turned out plenty heavy.

I've got to do a CIP today (brew day on Saturday got WAY too late to deal with it then) so I'll try to snap some pictures to add to this thread.

Thanks to all those who offered advice, and a HUGE thanks to PJ for his assistance in the Elec. Dept.

Last edited by a moderator:
That pigtail looks to be a nozzle for the end of a water line. We use these where I work in one of the vessels when it goes through a wash cycle every 36 hours. You can also see them on fire sprinkler systems.

That's exactly what the pigtail is. Wig the right flow, they spray great for sparing. Sadly, gravity is really tricky to get the right flow. I'm going to pick up a second pump to go single tier. I think that will do wonders for my efficiency.

Back