What are you drinking now?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
bottlebomber said:
How can a state claim a national beer? Frikkin Texans...

Because Texas was a nation and has reserved the right to become one again. It's silly, even to a Texan like me, but there is context behind it.

somemofo said:
Because Texas was a nation and has reserved the right to become one again. It's silly, even to a Texan like me, but there is context behind it.

Gotcha. Guess I should keep up on my history ;)

image-3921223376.jpg

Terrapin Hopsecutioner. Much needed after a 11 hour day.

Just drank the first bottle of my own "5 Gallon Hat, Not so pale ale". Waiting on my lady to get home with a sixer of Magic Hat #9 for a comparison.

Having my 1st go at lemon berry shandy from Lienenkugel's. And of course some vodka. Cue theme from For a Few Dollars More here...

Some fat tire from new Belgium. Have 25 22oz bombers bottle aging of my first brew an oatmeal stout. Have about another week for my tasting.

Some fat tire from new Belgium. Have 25 22oz bombers bottle aging of my first brew an oatmeal stout. Have about another week for my tasting.

Have a couple more fat tires and when you're feeling warm, crack open a partially carbed green tasting stout. It's your first batch and stouts hide green flavors pretty well. :mug:

Liquid lunch at a ski resort. Rogue hazelnut brown,they just ran out and had to change the keg so I got the first pint(it was worth the delay),and dont think I had this one before,pretty tastey. Hopefully a bomber of this tastes as good.

0111031238a.jpg

0111031238.jpg

Homebrew Biere de Garde. Getting ready to add oak and brett C to the current BdG.

A step up from mirror pond. A little darkcaramel maltier/hoppier than it. Im glad I only snuck one mirror pond bottle into a red chair sixer though. Same price so I dont consider that stealing. ;) Kinda disapointed having a sixer of them though. Not really my kind of pale ale I guess.

deschutes red chair.jpg

My extra stout which I saved from overpriming with maple syrup by sticking in the fridge earlier after a dumb-ass mistake- 1/2 Cup maple syrup for a 1.6 gallon batch?!. Its mulitgrain- large grainbill,turned out pretty excellent.

0111031941.jpg

jonmohno said:
A step up from mirror pond. A little darkcaramel maltier/hoppier than it. Im glad I only snuck one mirror pond bottle into a red chair sixer. Same price so I dont consider that stealing. ;) Kinda disapointed having a sixer of them though. Not really my kind of pale ale I guess.

LOVE Red Chair. Good stuff.

Deschutes doesn't make your typical APA. They use English yeast and have a more Maris otter malt character as well as using less new American hops. I usually get my APA fix elsewhere but I really enjoyed Red Chair.

captianoats said:
Barney Flats oatmeal stout. Only $2.99 from Jungle Jim's in Cincinnati. You know you're jealous.

Actually, I got to brew using their pilot system in the brewery last weekend, using any malts or hops we wanted, and having free run of their brews. Now what's up ;)

Back