Potted Cascade, where to buy?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Paulgs3

Reaction score
One of my two cascade rhizomes didn't grow. Anyone know where I can find a potted cascade? I really wanted two plants growing and I'm not patient enough to wait until next year.

Thanks in advance.

One of my two cascade rhizomes didn't grow. Anyone know where I can find a potted cascade? I really wanted two plants growing and I'm not patient enough to wait until next year.

Thanks in advance.

I was about to suggest Great Lakes hops, but after looking at their webpages, I don't see Cascades listed as being available. I'm surprised they'd be out of that popular of a hop, maybe you can email them and see if they have any available now or soon. GLH is very supportive of HBT hop growers, and is a HBT listed vendor. They are also nice folks, I stopped in their greenhouses and picked up a Chinook and Columbus crown a couple months ago when visiting family in W Michigan. They sell crowns instead of rhizomes which cost a little more, but are further developed and you'll get harvests quicker from crowns. They usually sell the plants year round too.

http://stores.ebay.com/Great-Lakes-Hops

https://www.facebook.com/GreatLakesHops/app_201143516562748#!/GreatLakesHops/app_135607783795

I too had bad luck with rhizomes (from out west). Two thirds of my stock had no eyes and a poor chance of producing healthy plants. Its funny how GLH keeps popping up as a recommended place for hops.The crowns I got from him were well worth the price. At this late date for planting, pick something close to Cascade and get it in the ground.

Hi

So far all the rhizomes I got came up gangbusters. Some are up around the 12 foot mark. Based on that, I'd just see if anybody else has rhizomes and plant them in some good potting soil. I'm a bit south of you, so you should still be "ok" to plant for this year.

Bob

Hi

I think that shipping a live plant has it's risks. Sitting on the UPS truck in 90+ weather isn't going to do it any favors.

Bob

Back