Temp controller made in USA

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

giterdone

Reaction score
Hello all.

This is my first post on the forums so let me just thank everyone for all of the wonderful information and contributions here!

I am in the process if gathering equipment for a fermentation chamber and I was wondering what you all think the best American made alternative to the eBay aquarium temp controller is. I am trying to more actively support American manufacturing and I don't mind paying more for something made here in the states.

I've been scouring CL for a freezer and just waiting for the right price. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated!

Sadly, if you google "homebrew temp controller made in usa", the first hit (and only relevant one) is this thread. Some of the high end lab companies assemble their equipment in the states, though you'll pay $500 for a temperature controller through them. Doesn't look good.

Last edited by a moderator:
I try as hard as I can to buy American made products. Johnson Controls A419 is a pretty popular unit, I have one it works great. I also bought one of the EBAY temp controllers because I was curious how they compared to the more expensive stuff. It works really well, though I do support your desire to go American. I've also bought a lot of things from Auber and like the support the owner gives and he does back his products, but alas most of it is made in China or elsewhere, not here.

Thank you all for the input and suggestions. I definitely don't have the budget for high end lab thermos so I suppose I will pick based on reviews/customer support.

I'll just say I am proud you are trying to buy American. Sad that so many of those jobs have been forced to go overseas.

Back