Cheapest place to buy DME

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Raffie

Reaction score
Yes yes I know all grain brewing is best.

I don't have the room is the problem.

So...anyways I have seen so far the best deal is 55lb at a time.
Found 1 place that if 55lbs was bought it would be $2.67lb.
So anyone know of a much better place?

Also for a container to keep it in.

Links please.

thx...

I can buy #50 DME for $130.00 and there is no tax which is cheaper then buying online since I would have to pay for shipping.

What do you store you bulk DME in?

I store it what it gets delivered in. I've never had any clumping problems either.

I put all my boxes on a dolly so I can move them from room to room. They are not stored in my brewing kitchen...too much humidity while cooking.

homebrewer_99 said:
I store it what it gets delivered in. I've never had any clumping problems either.

I put all my boxes on a dolly so I can move them from room to room. They are not stored in my brewing kitchen...too much humidity while cooking.

Where do you live? I live in a pretty humid area and have a friend that lives in Miami, so having a 55# bag of DME clump up is a real fear. I've thought of using a standard food-grade bucket (ale pail) with a good seal on the lid, but would still be a little nervous about moisture getting in. Does anyone sell a moisture absorbing packet or something you could put in the bucket that would prevent that - a silica gel or something?

Focus

Focus said:
Where do you live? I live in a pretty humid area and have a friend that lives in Miami, so having a 55# bag of DME clump up is a real fear. I've thought of using a standard food-grade bucket (ale pail) with a good seal on the lid, but would still be a little nervous about moisture getting in. Does anyone sell a moisture absorbing packet or something you could put in the bucket that would prevent that - a silica gel or something?

Focus
I live in north central IL. We turn on the AC to reduce the humidity in our neck of the woods...you guys just open the window (I've been to Miami several times and have a granddaughter in West Palm) so I know...;)

Back