50A Panels

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

phlipot89

Reaction score
I keep looking around and I am having a hard time looking for good 50A Panels. I want to make a future proof panel. Also, I am sure there are others that are interested. I know EBrewSupply has a "kit" for a 50A bcs-462 Module.

Has anyone made a good 50A panel for OSCS's OpenTroller DX1??

If so.. Can you post pictures, supply lists, layouts, or anything else to help the rest of us. :tank:

What are your questions on wiring? I haven't drawn up my prints, but I could give you the basics of how to wire pretty much anything.

And what do you mean you don't want to go PID based? Don't want discrete PID's such as what I used? Mine actually use discrete hardware that communiates via Modbus/RTU over RS-485 directly to the PLC. So I control temps right from the touchscreen.

Lastly, your link provides a Kal Clone with control valves. I have yet to include vavles in my design, but it only takes 15 minutes to add the drum sequencing logic to a PLC.

And PLC logic is easier than writing Arduino. :p

I want to use brewtroller.

What are your questions on wiring? I haven't drawn up my prints, but I could give you the basics of how to wire pretty much anything.

And what do you mean you don't want to go PID based? Don't want discrete PID's such as what I used? Mine actually use discrete hardware that communiates via Modbus/RTU over RS-485 directly to the PLC. So I control temps right from the touchscreen.

Lastly, your link provides a Kal Clone with control valves. I have yet to include vavles in my design, but it only takes 15 minutes to add the drum sequencing logic to a PLC.

And PLC logic is easier than writing Arduino. :p

Back