Hidden man cave

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Dude. Too intense. My only suggestion would be to wall mount and hide the wires from the TV. That makes a very understated but awesome touch.

You should draw up a floor plan so we can all visualize as well as look at the pictures. I'm having a bit of trouble getting the scale, where the poker table would go ect...

I really like the idea of having the brewery in the back though. That adds all sorts of prohibition speakeasy style coolness. Electric or propane? I'd hate to see a place like that go up in smoke from inadequate propane ventilation.

awesome1.jpg

I know the last pictures really sucked and were not indicative of the project. I'll get the youtube video up soon and a sketched basement floor plan to see the big picture, because the basement is much larger than what has been shown so far. That just adds to the hidden room aspect. The mancave is only about a 1/4 of the entire basement. I've just been enjoying the **** out of this space! Old tube rocking jukebox, 42 inch HDTV and computer screen, comfy leather couch, no visible means of ingress or egress.

Unfortunately there's no homebrew in the queue so it'll be commercial pony kegs in the kegerator for a spell, but soon.... it'll all come together. Just back from a week in Vegas so a poker night is in order.

I know the last pictures really sucked and were not indicative of the project. I'll get the youtube video up soon and a sketched basement floor plan to see the big picture, because the basement is much larger than what has been shown so far. That just adds to the hidden room aspect. The mancave is only about a 1/4 of the entire basement. I've just been enjoying the **** out of this space! Old tube rocking jukebox, 42 inch HDTV and computer screen, comfy leather couch, no visible means of ingress or egress.

Unfortunately there's no homebrew in the queue so it'll be commercial pony kegs in the kegerator for a spell, but soon.... it'll all come together. Just back from a week in Vegas so a poker night is in order.

LOL apologize to us poor divorced guys in rental houses with no garages and no basements who dig unauthorized hop & veggie and herb gardens ( lot's of lemon balm for a lemon balm cream ale)!

LOL live life large you luky bastid! :rockin: Love the pics! love the "secret aspect" looks like you have room for a kegerator or a keezer! (hopefully you set aside a dedicated outlet!) any way it still rocks!

"I WANT ONE!!!!" come one mega millions!

HOLY SH&%TBALLS! i just read this thread from start to finish I must say i am in envy. we are putting an addition on our home this summer with a basement under it that will connect to the ex basement. and i already had the ok once completed to take the already spare room down there into a brewery/bar. Let me just say thanks for the Ideas I will be going with the Prohibition theme as well.

you rock

I just have to say that I love the idea of a hidden man cave, behind a book shelf! That's just all sorts of epic! (And gothic!) Once I get a SWMBO (soon, by the looks of it), a house (within perhaps 5-10 years?) and a life (now that's a lifetime project!), I'll build one! \o/

This thread has been forgotten and overlooked for too long. A bunch of us are looking for that cool "Man Cave" idea and this one rates right up near the top. So even though the thread is ancient it has value for the new brewers and old timers alike still today. If I had a basement I would definately build/copy this to a T, but since I am all ground level some things will have to change to pull it off. Thanks for some really great ideas.
Bob

That is def all kinds of awsome! It also apparently is approved by the afterlife speakeasy crowd. So many spirit orbs hangin around watching you build it. That's really cool that they seem to be enjoying it too. Makes you wonder how long they've been in that old,drab place? Only now to have someone like you come along & make it a way better place for them as well. Congrats man! You made a hit in 2 dimensions! Not an easy thing to accomplish.:tank:

That is def all kinds of awsome! It also apparently is approved by the afterlife speakeasy crowd. So many spirit orbs hangin around watching you build it. That's really cool that they seem to be enjoying it too. Makes you wonder how long they've been in that old,drab place? Only now to have someone like you come along & make it a way better place for them as well. Congrats man! You made a hit in 2 dimensions! Not an easy thing to accomplish.:tank:

Drywall dust orbs aside, the place really is haunted. My wife saw a man in the kitchen who disappeared before her. My daughter saw a woman in the attic, same thing, just disappeared. My sister in law heard her name shouted while she was alone in the house. I haven't seen a ghost, but I've seen doors open up and books fall off of shelves by themselves. Nothing really scary. My wife was actually glad it was a ghost, for a second she thought it was a real intruder.

Hey if movies have taught me anything then the man of the house is always the last to see an apparition or believe it. There is also a good chance that your wife will become possessed and you may have to defend yourself.

But seriously, kick ass man not just one but two hidden man caves? I wish I had your budget and time... :rockin:

Drywall dust orbs aside, the place really is haunted. My wife saw a man in the kitchen who disappeared before her. My daughter saw a woman in the attic, same thing, just disappeared. My sister in law heard her name shouted while she was alone in the house. I haven't seen a ghost, but I've seen doors open up and books fall off of shelves by themselves. Nothing really scary. My wife was actually glad it was a ghost, for a second she thought it was a real intruder.

Nothing really scary? If I see some dude in my kitchen and he disappears before my eyes I'm leaving the house forever. I'd hire someone to get my stuff out for me. You don't ever mess with ghosts, they can't be trusted.

Nothing really scary? If I see some dude in my kitchen and he disappears before my eyes I'm leaving the house forever. I'd hire someone to get my stuff out for me. You don't ever mess with ghosts, they can't be trusted.

+1 I'd be moving far far away, badass mancave or not. Has the Paranormal Activity series taught us nothing??

Cool story, do you have more pics of the finished brewery? How about a floor plan?

A video tour of the eBIAB brewery and hidden mancave:

Last edited by a moderator:
Awesome tour!

Are you actually talking in the video? Because if you are it's 100% inaudible even with my volume all the way up.

LOVE this! Definitely my kind of hideaway! I think the finishing touch was the Scotland flag in the background! ;)

Back