Experience with CornyKeg.com?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Naked_Eskimo

Reaction score
Just wanted to know if anyone has any experience with cornykeg.com? From their site, it appears they sell pin-lock kegs reconditioned with the locks replaced by ball-lock connectors.

Not sure whether there is anything to be concerned about with regards to having the locks switched out with regards to reliability/longevity etc?

Any experience with the quality of the kegs and the service?

I have some pin lock kegs, fittings, taps, the whole works from them and have not had any problems. As to the particulars you list about switching out pin locks, I can't really comment on that.

I don't live too far from them so I walked in and got a de facto tour of the place as the owner was collecting what I needed and I tagged along. He was great to work with and the prices are pretty good. I'll definitely be going back to him if the need arises.

I bought a pair about siz months ago. I have had about a dozen batches pass hrough them. They work great! The converted kegs are about four inches shorter than pepsi kegs and a little wider. If you can find corny's on craigslist they can be cheaper, but their products are fine. My two cost about 70 buck a piece after shipping and tax.

I have bought a dozen kegs from them over the last two years as i've ramped up my bewing. they are right down the street from me, so I usually call ahead and pop in to pick up my orders the next day. I have also bought my CO2 distributor and many fittings from them. I have only had problems with one keg, and they swapped it out for me no charge.

They do sell a "compressable" gasket for the lids, which is much easier to get a good seal when you pressurize your kegs. They are $1 each, and I have replaced all of my lid gaskets with these.

Latest posts

Back