more newb questions

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

speedyvette

Reaction score
i'm currently deployed to iraq and my wife bought me a brew kit online because i told her one day that i wanted to try it when i got back.well the kit came with an ingredients packet for free.i was just wondering if this would last till i got home in about 3 months.and wold it last longer if she put it in the fridge or freezer or anything.sorry if someone has asked a similiar question i couldn't ind it or maybe i wasn't looking hard enough. thanks in advance

Hops should go in the freezer, grains can go there too if they're sealed well, dry or liquid extract will be fine as long as it's sealed pretty much anywhere that isn't pretty hot, and the yeast should go in the fridge.

Welcome to the hobby, the board, and thanks for signing up, too!

Also, I'd try to convince her to brew it for you and buy a second ingredient kit. If she starts it now, it'll be awesome when you get home!

Hi, she should put the yeast and any grains in the refridgerator, the grains should go into a ziplock bag. If it came with hops, she should put those in a ziplock bag and place them in the freezer until you return.

everything else can sit out.

Def tell her to make you a batch with the included kit. That way you have a nice batch of homebrew ready for you when you get home!

Everything will be fine if you follow the above recommendations. You will have a blast making beer when you get back. So get back soon!

Back