Sciplus Regulator question for keezer

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bushump

Reaction score
To all that can possibly help. I am getting ready to start building my keezer. I am going to have two sciplus secondary regulators on the inside with t-wyes for two different pressures on 4 kegs if needed. My question is; what does everyone use to mount these regulators? Are there brackets? Possibly attach them to the collar? Suggestions and pictures would be awesome. Hopefully once I get going on this and finally get all my parts in I will start posting pictures of the build. Thanks for the help guys.

Brandon

I have not mounted mine on anything yet, but they have a mounting screw hole on the back of the, you just need to find a bolt of the right size and threads to fit it (just take the regulator to the hardware store with you..) I then would mount them to brackets, that would then screw into a piece of wood probably to hold them upright.

I have not mounted mine on anything yet, but they have a mounting screw hole on the back of the, you just need to find a bolt of the right size and threads to fit it (just take the regulator to the hardware store with you..) I then would mount them to brackets, that would then screw into a piece of wood probably to hold them upright.

Yep, that's what I did. I basically drilled 4 countersunk holes in the back of a 3/4" piece of painted poplar and mounted the regs on that. I then used self-tapping screws to mount the board to my inside kegerator wall.

You can see it somewhat here : https://cdn.homebrewtalk.com/gallery/showphoto.php?photo=10620&cat=all&ppuser=10609

I was going to use the threaded holes as well, but it ended up being heavy enough that it lays nice and flat on the shelf I built for the manifold. Also, the input port goes through a hole in the shelf, so even if it does get bumped, it can't really fall. I probably will attach it at some point, but laziness rules at the moment.

7674-KeezerManifold2.jpg

:mug:

You can buy mounting brackets designed for the regulators. My secondary regs were used, and came with them, and I mounted it to the outside of my collar. You can find them online, MicroMatic has some for example.

Thanks. I will look into those on micromatic as I want to just mount them to the inside of the somewhere. That brings up a good question: Do most people mount them on the inside or does anyone leave them on the outside so they can control pressure without lifting the lid? Just a thought. thanks again guys!

Brandon

Mine will be mounted on the outside with my Co2 tank, will keep them from rusting up from any condensation. Also I hear it is better on the diaphragms inside.

Back