kegging mead

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

gizmodog51

Reaction score
has anyone racked their mead into a keg and added a bit of beet sugar to natural carbonate and serve as a sparkling drink?

i'm considering doing this....

any feel back appreciated...........

GD:mug:

I haven't......yet :D

I'm planning on stabilizing a peach melomel, racking to keg, backsweetening, and force carbing when it's ready. I'll then probably have to decide if it will just live out it's life in the keg or if I'll bottle some - I'm thinking of bottling a bunch but we'll see.

if you're going with natural carbonation, you might have trouble with sediment clouding it up each time you use the keg. Sparkling wines often need to be disgorged to get rid of the sediment before drinking. I don't own a keg but I'm assuming they can withstand the pressure of a sparkling high gravity drink? I plan to try a sparkling mead one day but I need to collect more heavy duty wine bottles to do it. if you do it, make sure to update, sparkling mead sounds awesome :)

Latest posts

Back