575 perlick creamer

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Chia

Reaction score
sorry if this has been on here, but did not find it in a search. I was wanting to make black and tans this winter, but a friend said i needed a nitro tap. i saw the perlick 575 has a creamer and wondered if it would work instead of nitrogen. OR, how would i set up a nitro tap? do i have to have one of the $100 faucets? any help on this would be great! thanks!

So, to make a black and tan, you don't actually need a creamer faucet or a nitro setup, but it does make for a more authentic experience.

To run nitro, you need a separate regulator, gas tank (beergas or straight N2), AND a stout faucet. However, you should still be able to make a black and tan with any two beers of significantly different finishing gravities, no separate gas or faucet required. Do a quick google for "black and tan spoon trick."

Many beers (particularly stouts and english beers) are better on nitro, though, and once you put together the scratch, it may be a good investment if that's something you love. I cut my beer teeth on Bass/Guinness B/Ts, but there is no way to serve a dry Irish stout in my opinion, unless you have a nitro tap with a stout faucet.

Thanks! i was wondering about that. i really dont want to drop the money on a nitro right now as i would rather get a pump for my sculpture. but it will be on my list of things to watch for!

Oh, also I neglected to mention that the perlick creamer is pretty useless. If you're pouring any beer on nitro, you want a stout faucet.

Back