Burner ignition help

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Cgreen042389

Reaction score
I am currently talking with a local welding company to build my frame and a couple issues came up. We were talking about lighting my 10" Banjos and we came up with the idea of using a grill ignition switch replacement kit for each of the individual burners. Has anyone ever seen this done or have any suggestions to accomplish this?

There's a 3 output grill ignition kit available at Wal-Mart that's fairly popular. Powered by a single AA battery and fired with a push button.

I have one of them on my single tier to fire the HLT and BK 10" banjos. It's fairly easy to install. I mounted the controller to a welded hard point, drilled and tapped mounting holes directly into the cast iron burners to attach the spark thingies, and ran the wires through steel brake tubing I bent and welded to the frame more or less out of sight from the front. Works quite well...

Cheers!

Back