Curse lifted

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

rohanski

Reaction score
After 12 bad batches the curse is lifted :ban: I just racked a kolsh into the secondary and kegged another that I thought was bad but mellowed out after it set a few more days. Still very vigilant about sanitation.

rohanski said:
After 12 bad batches the curse is lifted :ban: I just racked a kolsh into the secondary and kegged another that I thought was bad but mellowed out after it set a few more days. Still very vigilant about sanitation.

Congratulations! I'm sure a lot of us have been following the saga. I'm glad things are straightening out for you.

Chad

cnbuds said:
nice work. Did you ever figure out what the problem was?
I think it all started with fruit flies. I started using oxiclean after the first few bad ones because I had heard that you didn't need to scrub with it. After viewing the carboy in the sun and finding a scum inside I scrubbed the hell out of it, soaked it in bleach, and baked it. I did the same thing to the other carboy except did not bake it. This fixed the problem. I can tell you right now I will be doing these steps for a while until I'm sure the problem is gone for good. From then on it will be oxiclean, scrub, and starsan.

I was on the verge of quitting but with all of the support it kept me going. Thanks to everyone who helped as it made me very aware of my sanitation processes and helped fix my problem.

YooperBrew said:
I'll keep my fingers crossed here for you! Sounds great, though. Glad to hear it.
I'll double that. I have had recurring bad batches in the past that were hard to fix, and I know the frustration you must have gone through. Here's to happy brewing in the future! :mug:

Congrats on the successful brews!

(-from one of the many lurkers who read your last thread and sympathized)

Back