Keg parts question

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Iceman6409

Reaction score
Hello all,

I am about to get into kegging with a 2.5 gallon corny I got for $70. Now I need a regulator and co2 tank among all the other connection parts, hoses etc. But for this question I would like some opinions on the product and prices I found at a site I searched on. Please let me know some opinions on if you think they are good reliable co2 tank and regulator. Thank you all in advance.

http://www.beveragefactory.com/draftbeer/tanks/co2/C5.shtml

http://www.beveragefactory.com/draftbeer/regulator/double/tf_t742_Dual_Gauge_Primary_Regulator.shtml

They are good options but don't get too attached to that tank cause the local place might exchange instead of fill. Hit craigslist they always have tanks and regs. Cheers

^^^ speaks the truth. I wouldn't buy a new tank because most places, you'll be swapping tanks and not getting it filled.

My LBHS wants $90 each for a regulator and the co2 tank, unfilled. I do remember him telling me the cost to refill a 5 lb tank is something like $14

That's a great price on that co2 tank. I'm not going to tell you what I just paid at airgas for a used one. The thing I am curious about is whether it was tested for leaks. They charge you extra when you fill it to test for that,

I got my stuff at kegconnection but $70 seems high for a 2.5. Is that because it was new and not refurb like the 5 gal ones? That would make sense.

Either way, kegconnection can get you a full kit without the keg. I'm sure you probably need the hoses and fittings etc. those things add up. I customized my order by calling Ben. One of the things I changed was getting 8' lines as I've heard that the longer the line, the less chance of foam.

Back