New Years Beer

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

cruizer8

Reaction score
I am new to homebrewing and was planning on brewing my third batch this coming weekend. I think I am gonna brew something so it will be good and ready just in time for new years. Now all I need is a good recipe. Any suggestions?

How about a nice crisp Rye IPA or a modified winter ale with more citrus and light flavors.

Last year about this time I bought an extract kit that was a red ale, switched out the LME with a Amber DME and dry hopped it (10 days) with 1.5 oz of centenial whole hops (used Nottingham dry yeast) Racked straight to bottles from primary after 3 weeks, and in 4 weeks in bottles it was already good, at 6 weeks its was a winner. Nice crisp and light brew with a mild hoppiness and tons of aroma. Just my two cents

if you are looking for tried and proven recipes check out the recipe subforum after you decide which style you would like to brew

Thanks for the ideas edw6buffalo. A winter ale with citrus sounds pretty good. I will see if I can find something like that in the recipe section.

anytime, let us know what you come up with. I like using a combination of bitter lemon and sweeter orange. I usual boil the lemon and add the orange extract to bottling bucket.

Back