Micromatic SmartStrip Review

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

underwaterdan

Reaction score
Okay so like most of us keggers I was looking for a simple way to see just how much was left in my keg. So I saw these SmartStrips and for 2 bucks I figured why not.
The strips are okay. This is the deal, the stick pretty well, I put them on dry warm kegs and moisture laden cold kegs, and both times they attached and stayed attached with no problem. They are supposedly removable, I don't intend to do that, however it appears that claim is true. The temperature feature is just ok, but I don't really care because I have a thermometer in the fridge already. Finally the reason I wanted them, to take a quick look in the fridge and see how much is left in each keg... To start they actually do work, it will tell you how much is left in each keg, the neg part is for that to work you have to run a warm rag over the gauge on each keg each time you want to see the beer levels. I have mine in a stand up fridge so it isn't too hard to do, but kinda annoying. If you were in a chest freezer, I can see this to be nearly impossible without moving a bunch of stuff.
Okay there is my way to long review of this $2 item.

I've had them for several months. Mine work fine without 'whipping them down' everytime... They seem to be pretty accurate too... Great product IMHO.

Thanks for the write up. I've seen them but never heard (read) anything anyone had to say about them. Next time I order from MM I'll have to get a couple.

I love mine.

The best part is that they work in reverse, run an icecube down the strip on a room temp keg and it will turn red down to the beer line. I can't always fit all of my kegs in the fridge, so it is nice to see how full things are.

I have those, but there near impossible to read in a keezer, unless you have the space to stick your head half way down there. I just got used to the lifting method. If you lift them straight up enough times you know how much is left.

Back