I like this time at night on HBT

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
My wife's family from Arkansas was here a little while back. They have a coke on ice with salted peanuts in the coke. You drink the slightly salted coke, and suck up a few peanuts to crunch on. It's a big deal over there I guess.

Now that sounds gross.

BottleBomber my friend. I to like salted nuts and coke in theory.

The two of them together make my heart grow cheery

Unless of course you're a Missouri resident.

Then I'd just say you're nuts; it's a prerequisite

Sorry all Missourians that might read this post

For you, my dealings with; are not something to boast.

Where the heck is that commune me and BobbiLynn are starting?

Hey BBL,

Yea, work has been a bit rough lately. Proabably a good thing; it keeps me on my toes. Looking forward to the weekend. :D

I think they base it on Greenwhich Mean Time (ZULU). It's 9:41 PM here right now in CA, or 5:41Am Zulu time. It might even be the default time setting. You have to set in your settings where you are and then I believe as long as the person you are talking to has set his local time zone.... it all works out.

Okay, all this talk, well there wasn't that much talk.. But got me to thinking. Magnetic north and true north. I've often wondered why Greenwich is the basis of the beginning of the clock that each day strokes the first second of a new day. I mean, you have to give the Land of the Rising Sun some credit for the beginning of each day (Japan) but with the international rules of Greenwich time that doesn't apply. Nice thing about Greenwich, or Zulu time is it doesn't change. It is a foundation for us and all you do is add the time zone differences to figure out what time it is where you are now. Works really well if you travel worldwide or are working with folks spread throughout the world. I like it. Also I prefer the 24 hour clock. I still get 12:01 am and 12pm confused. But tell me 0001 and 1200, there is no confusion. BTW. My clocks are set on a 24 hour clock. It's a lot easier when you are dealing in different time zones.

God, is this my first rambling after days?!

I hate those things. Blech. I went to vacation in Florida in '92 when I graduated from college... and stayed.

I used to hang out in Clearwater a couple times a year for work. Started dragging the SWMBO with me each year. Nothing better than spending an evening with friends, great food, beer, and the Gulf at Frenchy's Rockaway. Looks like they even have a beach cam (http://24.73.69.3:7777/view/viewer_index.shtml?id=6888).

One of my coworkers told me that they had a little problem with one of the bridges in Clearwater. Something about the ends not lining up in the middle. You don't recall which bridge they were talking about do you?

Can I visit the commune? I'll bring cheese and wine.

Thanks for the tip on fixing the timezone, the default timestamps have been a little confusing.

I used to hang out in Clearwater a couple times a year for work. Started dragging the SWMBO with me each year. Nothing better than spending an evening with friends, great food, beer, and the Gulf at Frenchy's Rockaway. Looks like they even have a beach cam (http://24.73.69.3:7777/view/viewer_index.shtml?id=6888).

One of my coworkers told me that they had a little problem with one of the bridges in Clearwater. Something about the ends not lining up in the middle. You don't recall which bridge they were talking about do you?

The frenchy's on the beach is great, if anyone goes there get their she-crap soup. Fantastic crab stew.

Regarding the bridge, yea they had a serious problem a few years ago when they rebuilt it. Pilings sank, general mayhem ensued, but now the bridge is beautiful and all is well. Rode my bike over it last wkend to see what the bikinies look like this year. Report: all is well!

Dan said:
On quite a few threads I've linked this song. It is my favorite song. Always, and pretty sure always will be. Give it a shot please. I know many of you here are much younger. My daughter reminds me how old I am; daily.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YZz0J65kb14

Makes me sad, because music and the world in general has changed so much since then, and not in a good way.

That's always been one of my favorite BB songs. Thanks!

Here's my favorite:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L_TcWUslfvE

Thank you Pappy for playing that song. Ya know? I you and my teenage years were pretty much the same time. Remember the deals RCA or someting like that would give you .. Seven records for a dollar (of course unknowingly you signed some sort of contract to get records each month unless you remembered to return them)

One of the albums I don't regret getting is such a jam for was Beach Boys Endless Summer. On cold wintery nights in Illinois when the temp was well below zero and the snow flew; those songs kept me warm.

Thank you once again my friend Pappy!

Thank you Pappy for playing that song. Ya know? I you and my teenage years were pretty much the same time. Remember the deals RCA or someting like that would give you .. Seven records for a dollar (of course unknowingly you signed some sort of contract to get records each month unless you remembered to return them)

One of the albums I don't regret getting is such a jam for was Beach Boys Endless Summer. On cold wintery nights in Illinois when the temp was well below zero and the snow flew; those songs kept me warm.

Thank you once again my friend Pappy!

It still works, its 7 feels like -13 right now.

Of course it was 65 48 hours ago You don't like the weather here just wait.

Makes me sad, because music and the world in general has changed so much since then, and not in a good way.

Man, I know what you're saying.. I think :confused: It's hard to know how old your are since TxB took away that mandated option :mad: I personally liked it.

Anyway. I agree with what you say. Seems as though you can't listen to music today without a ton of foul language. The "F" word dominates. My youngest daughter never swears, always blanks those words out if she repeats the song. She's 18.

WHy do these kids seem to think it makes songs sound better? I have come to terms with the fact that popular music of today sucks. No it is good, some really good. But they have crossed a barrier of swearing and sex that we didn't .. We probably said the same things, just a little more subtle.

I don't judge anymore. I have had to many trials in my life where I was wrong to have a wholehearted opinion on what is proper or improper. I haven't lost all track of reality.

Here is a song my daughter introduced to me. MIght sound teenageiss but not to me. I like this kid, Trevor Hall.

Please give it a chance before you dislike it BB.

Last edited by a moderator:
I was staring at my airlock and it popped out and struck me in the eye. Now I'm blind, but only in one eye and I can't find the airlock. Luckily I have several extra.

Not sure where the commune ended up. Right here? I'm trying to make some butter but the cow won't cooperate.

I have been staying young myself, year after year I turn 39. Used to be 29 until no one believed that story, so I upped the ante.

I watched every episode for the first few seasons. Can't get in to it now though, missed too much. I've been hooked on Breaking Bad lately. Don't know how I missed it.

Hey guys, I'm trying to relax and have a homebrew. After waking up in the middle of the night in a panic. Sorry about any rude comments I have made. Things aren't right in my life. Hubby really sick, scared. But ready, bring it on life, I'm ready for you. I don't know how much time is left. Moderators can delete all my comments so as not to upset anyone. The family is keeping me away from the hospital so as not to upset other family members, so I get it.

:off:

Dan said:
BobbiLYnn. Nobody here is going to abandon you. In a weird way we are feeling your pain. You're our sister. We'll be here for you.

My thoughts exactly.

And this is exactly why this thread is how it is and is as busy as it is every night. And why it's so different from the taproom.

Yup you know it it a weird deal for those of us north of 50 I think that spend time in forums. When we say something in the forum we mean it simply because we were raised for the most part with out internet and learned to communicate face to face.

Not saying that we are better than the younger folks but that the younger folks have learned to communicate with people in a vastly different way. Heck maybe it is better in a way to live on line but for me I like the social interaction of people. I will pay more money for a product and spend time and fuel to get it from a store where I can talk to the people rather than buy it online. Seems as if a vital part of life is missing when you live online.

Glad to see you back Dan.

No range for me today, we got kicked back because my driver has a .38 and the old wheel gun guys are only supposed to go in the afternoon. It was worth a shot, oh well!

Bummer man. Been thinking I need to get some trigger time myself but after the last snow storm there is not a chance in hades I can get to my range short of snowshoeing and I know that will not happen.

I got a 100 yrd range in my pasture behind the house I could use I guess but I rather go out and go long

It really is interesting how two people, even people who get along just fine and might even have a lot in common can have totally different lives. Its been over 13 years since I fired a weapon and longer than that since carrying one from state park to state park hootin' and shootin' was a part of my life. Some folks, guns are a part of everyday life. Its just interesting.

@BobbiLynn, we are rooting for you. Best wishes to you and your hubby.

I pretty much have one on me every waking hour, or at least within an extremely close vicinity.

Well I'm home now from my little pointless jaunt to the Bronx, and since I'm not at the range I pretty much have nothing to do today. I'm thinking I might take a bath. ;)

Speaking of ages, I hate that the new profiles don't list our ages any longer. I used to check them for perspective whenever I needed a little extra information to understand where someone was coming from with one of their posts.

Not to mention I can think of 2 twits right off the top of my head who are (Im hoping) underaged. No adult who hasnt sustained massive bluntforce headtrauma should be that stupid and still moving.

I enjoy trying to figure out the age of some of the posters by how they post and the meaning of their posts. When the post looks like this "whn r u" I pretty much just assume it is a younger person.

At the risk of angering some folks speaking politics I have found the younger people are less likely to even listen to a opposing view. It seems that with age comes the knowledge that not one view works for many people. This often rears its ugly head with brewing as well I have noticed.

Back