A new electric BK-build

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Vesku

Reaction score
I couldn't make the whirlpool spin properly in my old kettle, so I tried a new build with the heating element in vertical position. I also added a bowl to act as a trub trap. It's working :mug:

[ame]http://youtu.be/KrfgtqXgVsU[/ame]

This is wonderful.. I wish i had the ability to put something like this together. What kind of pot are you using?

It's a 2nd hand cheap kettle, really thin walls. The bowl at the bottom is from 2nd store. Screws and the heating element are from recycling shop at the dump. The whole thing cost me about $25US.

Yes it is, I made a plywood flange on the other side to make it rigid enough. I've done about 10 boils with it and it's still holding on...

When, yes when, the silicone starts to leak, I'll replace it with a real casket.

I 1st tried to braze the bowl to the kettle, but that was impossible to do with ss as thin as this. At least with my skills.

IMG_20121130_3509.JPG

Latest posts

Back