experimenting

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

cory11

Reaction score
I'm looking to try some new things with my brewing. I have a 2011 hopnog kit that I plan on brewing this weekend. I was thinking of adding some strawberries to the boil at the end and let them steep for a few minutes. A strawberry IPA. Bad idea? Should I just let it be and brew the hopnog as is, them my next batch just do a simple wheat beer for the strawberries? I just don't want to mess up a good kit.
Thanks!

I was hoping for advice. I was thinking 5lbs or so. I've read of people using upwards of 8, but that was in the secondary fermenter.

5 lbs sounds like it would do the trick. I've only added fruit in the secondary and have had pretty good results so I can't give any personal advice on adding to the boil. I'm not sure if going through the primary fermentation would get rid of the strawberry flavors...

I've decided to let the hopnog be what it is. After I brew it, then it's game on with the fruit!

Back